1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iWin mp3/4

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by SDempsey, Oct 3, 2006.

1. SDempsey

SDempsey Member

Hi, my son bought an iWin mp3/4 player while on holiday in Spain,Its a 1GB, the guy in the shop told him that it is possible to boost the memory by downloading some software or other. To me this sounds a bit iffy. But of course I could be wrong. Does any know about this ??
    the model number is i-N75F.
    Mant thanks

Seamus

2. kriger61

kriger61 Guest

Hi Seamus,

You are not the only one fooled. Last week I had a similar experience at Omkar Electronics, Commercial Parque Santiago 3, Playa de Las Americas, Tenerife. I bought three MP4 players apparently 8GB each. One of them an iWin i-N75F and the two others Orbit Phantom II. When I came home and connected them to my PC it showed only 256MB allthough the memory info in the system setup menu shows more than 8GB. I explicitely asked the shopkeeper to show me the memory info so there is no doubt that his intention was to fool me. The software must have been fixed so that the screen showed much more memory than actual.

Now it is a big satisfaction for me that these people will live their next lives as worms unless they do not do something very good.

Best regards
    Argus

3. Rinar

Rinar Member

A solution for my case seems to be near. The shop called me and said that they would transfer my creditcard transactions back to my account and the cash I paid for accessories would also we sent back someway. When I get my money back I have to send back all the goods to them and they will claim their supplier.

4. mkraus81

mkraus81 Member

Hi,

i hope you can help me...

I also bought an mp4 player iwin i-n75f in spain (teneriffa)...

2 GB with fm

my yesterday i will use it and firmware is defect....

can somebody of you send me a firmware?

kraus-m AT gmx PUNKT de

thank you...

greetings marcel

5. Rinar

Rinar Member

6. KittyBass

KittyBass Member

I just recently bought 2 of these iWin mp4 players. I actually live in the Canaries. I use this certain shop all the time to buy my dvds and such and I told him the mp4 was a gift for my bf, who also spends a lot of money there and he is not the sort of guy you mess with. Fortunately, the man told me the truth about the model and what it was capable of.

I bought a 1GB one for the price he would charge someone else for a 256k and my bf is very happy with it. Last week a friend of ours who was here on holiday wanted to buy one in pink for his wife, so I offered to go and get him the same deal from that shop. I went back in and got a different (new) salesman..and he sneakily tried to sell me the 256k one for what I paid for the 1GB. I sort of caused a stink and the manager came over and I got it for the same price.

7. mkraus81

mkraus81 Member

hi,

can you please make a full backup of your 2gb firmware and send me?

kraus-m AT gmx PUNKT de

8. elz1

elz1 Guest

Hey i bought a 4gb iwin mp4 when i went to spain,
    when i plug it in it doesnt actually seem to connect to the computer
    anyone else had this problem?
    if so how did you fix it?
    thanks
    xxx

9. hughie10

hughie10 Member

I bought an IWIN 558 mp3/mp4 from KUDOS in Playa de las Americas - in the new shopping centre opposite the opera place and fountains and it is a dud. I was told it is better than an iPod as it has other features. It is now useless and the shop will not take it back. These people are liars and thieves. Never again!

10. KittyBass

KittyBass Member

I am just waiting for the day one of ours goes on the brink. The guys who own the shop will get it lodged in his throat :)

11. lizlou

lizlou Member

HI Rinar!! I recently bought 2 mp4 players in Fuerteventura. WE were told that it had 4gb and when we got home we realised it was just under 1 gb and memory cards won't work! Can you please help me in getting the money back? How did you contact the shop from where you bought it?

12. KittyBass

KittyBass Member

I posted before that I've had no problems with mine, but I do now. It doesn't charge fully anymore. I can charge it 'till the cows come home and every time it comes off the charger the bar is only at half way. I live here, so you can be sure the shop is getting a visit from me!

13. OllieOwl

OllieOwl Member

I too have just purchased an iwin N75F8B MP4 player and could NOT download any music to it at all. So what to do to resolve this issue. Start by throwing away the CD software supplied and the instruction book (ha ha). If you have Microsoft Windows and have Windows Media Player on your PC then use this. Connect your iwin to a USB port first. When you open the programme you will see you have options to RIP, Burn or Sync. At this point insert your CD, it will then show the tracks and all the info. First set up your RIP options to MP3 (this is done in the sub menu). Once you have done this then simply click on the start rip button. Once the tracks have ripped you then select sync button. You then select the CD you wish to sync, highlight the tracks you wish and drag them across to the right hand side (where it shows you your MP3 info). Once you have done this then click sync button. You will find that each CD will be inside a folder in the Music section of your iwin. It took me some time to resolve the downlaod problem but this is as easy as it gets.

14. RGGraham

RGGraham Member

Like many other people, I bought an iWin i-N75F in Tenerife and, shortly after returning home, I discovered that it would no longer charge up. However, I could live with this if I could use it in the car via a car cassette adapter. The problem is it has a 2mm headphone socket. Does anyone know of a car cassette adapter with a 2mm headphone mini-jack plug?

15. adriano88

adriano88 Guest

hi people]]i have a portable mp3, iwin i-n737n3 and it~s don~t work he satop at starting...

please i need help