1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jade Empire Audio Problem

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Jay_lee, Apr 17, 2005.

1. Jay_lee

Jay_lee Member

I had someone mod my xbox. i loaded Jade Empire on my HDD but at times the voice acting and sound effects are lagged, or they don't play at all. during cut sceens the characters will sit there, the game is not froze they still breath, blink, look around, the sometimes after about two minutes they start talking and there lips move. Sometimes the background music lags as well. The game itself never slows down though.this first happens around the very beginning with the boat and assassin stuff. The odd thing is that this even happens when i play uing the game disc as well. This has not happened to other games such as splinter cell chaos theroy, halo 2, doom 3, etc. is there anyhing i can do to fix this, the only applications i have that could help are dvd & game copier, file explorer, xbox and media center. -thanks

2. BR7

BR7 Regular member

Weird. Only times I see delay in voices is when I burn over 4x. (Sync issuses, my guess). But you have the problem on your HDD as well, eh?

Is the version on your HDD the 6.13GB one? Or the DVD5 version? If it's the DVD5, did you downsample the audio? That probably will give you issues.

3. Jay_lee

Jay_lee Member

hmm, i'm not sure, it's a 250 gig hard drive i got at sam's. I'm using the actural limited edition xbox game, and its just the same as the HDD. and its fine on non-modded xboxs. and all i do is put in the game and choose dvd & game copier in the applications tab, (i use the blue microsoft dashboard, it looks almost like the original xbox dash.)

Last edited: Apr 17, 2005
  4. BR7

BR7 Regular member

What dash you running? What chip/BIOS? Or is it Softmodded? And this is the original game, not a backup, right?

5. Jay_lee

Jay_lee Member

the chip is a 2.6 xecuter, in the dashboard menu i have a selection of colors like blue, green, purlpe, red for the microsoft dashboard option, i also have avalaunch, evolution x and unleash x.

6. BR7

BR7 Regular member

Well, if it's an original game disc, can you turn your chip off and play the game? Only other thing I can think of might be to update your BIOS or possibly launch the game from different dashboards. I'm at work right now, I'll look up some stuff when I get home and get back to ya.