1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

jeanc1?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by svar91, Feb 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ozzymary

ozzymary Guest

@Jamzbond "Silence is sometimes the greatest part of valor" We all want to see you get through this without further harm so please give us something to work with. Would that be OK with you. >>>>>>>>>>>>> i think

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2006
  2. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

@ScubaPete, hello and welcome back. Always good to hear from you, sounds like your well and truly on the mend, health wise.

3. Jamzbond

Jamzbond Regular member

Just a thought but could it be that English is not Ozzymary's primary language. Ozzy once in awhile I actually make sense so I wouldn't advice you to listen to me too often ;-) This once shouldn't hurt you too much.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2006
  4. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Look who's graced our presence...welcome back Pete.

5. ozzymary

ozzymary Guest

the train kept a rollin all night long

6. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi all,

Gwen gave me an invite and I was feeling well enough to take her up on it

Feeling better, day by day ~

@Jamzbond,

Actually, the fact of English being her / his second language never occurred to me. LQQking at her / his computer "shorthand" - it is of an English speaking adolescent. I judge the age because pple whose native tongue is different won't misspell words as our little friend does. Take the word "dum" - someone learning English OR an adult would use the proper spelling, "Dumb". A "poor" student, attending perhaps 10th grade (on their way to being shuttled up and out) will not bother to lQQkup the word and will misspell it. I'm saying 10th grade to be generous. Anyone with a higher education should sue their parents and their school board for turning them lose on the public with such poor fundamental tools.

Cheers,

7. ozzymary

ozzymary Guest

hey pete how old are you anyway ????????? who cares i know what i meen and lots of others use thinks like 2 for two and other things get real its 2006 not 1956 look at what you posted that was suppose to be people>>>>>>>pple and you should talk

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2006
  8. Jamzbond

Jamzbond Regular member

Welcome back ScubaP. I suspect that you are feeling much better because you're certainly off to a flying start. I'm trying not to be judgemental. Frankly I don't really know if you're right or not but an angry man is well.....an angry man and I'm trying to diffuse an uneasy situation. It's good to see you posting again and even though I'm a noob compared to you I've seen your posts and even in other threads where others have enquired about you so you are no stranger to me. It's good to hear from you. The names may have changed but rest assured that the legacy of AD lives on and remains strong. I honestly don't believe that this is [bold]not[/bold] only my myoptic observation because there are a lot of really good people here that more than makes coming here a worthwhile experience.
    *edited for the [bold]not[/bold] which I unintentionally left out*

Last edited: Feb 14, 2006
  9. celticfc1

celticfc1 Regular member

Off topic but as this is a 'what happened thread' where/what happened to Glitched ? i seen alot of members are becomin inactive i know i havent been round much but is there something ive missed ?

10. Jamzbond

Jamzbond Regular member

Ozzy Ozzy c'mon now didn't we just talk about this and you agreed to take some time away and cool off, or am I wrong?. You are fueling "antisemitisms" against yourself and will soon alienate yourself from any sympathetic person. Seriously take my advice and take a break for a couple of days and cool off.

11. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

i think we will end this thread before it goes any further. you proved my point & some others say the same but will leave as such. opened for final arguments.

12. Jamzbond

Jamzbond Regular member

Ozzymary take note as Ddp is being quite magnanimous. I've only been here a couple of months but he has earned my respect as a knowledgeable, easy going and fair person which I'm sure you'll realize over time.

13. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

was also asked by a certain distinguished member to reopen this thread so he can do a post which he showed me thru a pm.

14. MaxBurn

MaxBurn Regular member

ddp
    You are indeed a fair and very good mod. I say this as i would have baned ozzymary once they violated another rule after being warned, and you just closed the thread instead. It does need closing. You sir or madam have my respect as does any mod. They dont have to earn it, they already have done that.
    Ozzymary,
    Many ppl tried to help you. Even scubapete showed up :)
    Thanks again ddp for handling this properly.. And i aint saying that as buttkissing either.
    Peace everyone, remember to help someone,, IF they can be helped.
    more ozzmary antics:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/1/300262#1746983

15. Jamzbond

Jamzbond Regular member

[bold]Quote
    Peace everyone, remember to help someone,, IF they can be helped.[/bold]

This for me, is the most profound statement made here and having played the pacifier here, I feel betrayed by this individual who obviously has a lot to learn judging by his post in the following thread http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/303469

16. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

@ celticfc1
    Glitched got banned.

@ ozzymary
    I would quit now if I was you

17. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Nice to see you back Scuba, how are you doin'?

Hmm, this is an interesting turnaround in events. Not too sure that Neph would have taken what you said too well, ozzymary.
    Ddp is an extremely knowledgable & amiable person. In all the time I have been here he has bent over backwards to help people out. I know for a fact that he or any other mod would not ban for no reason.
    To be honest, I think that both creaky & ddp have shown an awful lot of restraint lately towards people.
    Personally, I think they are a tad too forgiving. I certainly would not be, which is why I could never be a mod, I would not wish to be one either, OK they get the ban button, but at what cost? THey have to placate people & sometimes get abuse (Neph has a twisted view on this, he sometimes misses it when no-body is nasty towards him! LOL!) I have little patience & can get annoyed very quickly, not as much nowadays, I have mellowed out somewhat, probably 'cos I was 40 last year!

18. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

Couldn't agree more with ya Pulsar. Neph had to take a break from being a mod to keep sane. It's no walk in the park.

19. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

looks like i missed it all again :)

@pulsar, 'tis true i tend to be fair, though in a lot of threads outside of the dvd forums, ie gaming forums where a lot of the posters are (ahem) young i show very little restraint, those little buggers need discipline

20. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

Your forgiven "Nero-Nator".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.