1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jerky Dolby and DTS!

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Diaxo, Jan 5, 2004.

1. Diaxo

Diaxo Member

Ok, here's the lowdown

I have a creative usb digital/MP3 card connected to the Yamaha CTS-20USB with an optical link.

No matter what sund settings I choose, or player, sound is always jerky. I have the latest drivers and it hasn't changed anything. Audio gurus, please advise.

In much appreciation

Diaxo

2. tigre

tigre Moderator Staff Member

I don't fully understand. Do you feed your mp3s to a device that adds some kind of fake surround effect or stereo -> 5.1 conversion?

Or do you try to encode DTS to mp3 and play it back through a DTS decoder?

what encoder/settings have you tried already?

3. Diaxo

Diaxo Member

The Yamaha CTS-20USB speaker system is the Dolby and dts decoder (receiving signals from the creative Digital USB card). The Dolby Digital signal lights up (obviously playing in Dolby Digital) on the amp when playing Dvd's but it's very very jerky.
    D-Prologic&II light up for all other formats but same deal, they stutter pretty bad! I'm using WinDvd in XP.
    I use AC3 filter, with pretty much standard settings, only thing I've changed is select S/PDIF option. In Windvd for audio I've chosen the obvious "digital (S/PDIF) to external processor".

Is there any software out there, for audio settings and management which might come in handy? something in the settings yeah?

Thanks