1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jerky NTSC PAL conversion

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by fugitive2, May 23, 2004.

1. fugitive2

fugitive2 Regular member

Hi, i have the folowing situation: (Europe resident)
    When i capture a NTSC Laserdisc, with the ADVC100, all is well, i get a NTSC DV AVI 2 file, if transfered, it plays well also on my dvd standalone, but i tried to convert it to PAL, in CCE Basic by putting the reg.key "Force PAL" value (1) in to the "template" map, with regedit.(it did convert)
    But have jerky playback.
    Did also set Inverse Pulldown once,it seemed to work something, but not much. come to think of it, do i need to change GOP structure also ?
    Or do i need more software for this ? i better forget it then, i think, because i can play NTSC on my standalone, it's not that important.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

You can"t use a regular Mpeg encoder Like CCE to convert from NTSC to pal because the Process of Converting NTSC to Pal is very complex and very few encoders will do it properly.....
    The only encoder I know of that Will Do proper NTSC/Pal conversions is "Canopus Procoder" and you can also do them with some High End Video editing Programs Like Vegas Video or Canopus Edius....

Good Luck....Cheers