1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jerky playback and freeze spots

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by colson40, Apr 10, 2005.

1. colson40

colson40 Guest

I'm using Clone2dvd and anyDVD. I'm new to backing up DVD's. If it was CD's I'd say it needed more buffer. Copy has freeze spots at times and jerky spots where the picture actually slides apart as if in layers.I'm running WinXP

2. deadmetal

deadmetal Member

I'm having the same problem, more or less. There are certain frames in the avi of The Incredibles I just encoded that the video will freeze. the sound keeps going, but the picture remains static. In addition, there are a few digital artifacts that appear occasionally, usually around the bottom-right of the screen, and after a certain point, the video and audio are knocked out of sync.

My guess is that somewhere along the way, both of us skipped or didn't know about an important step. I'm a n00b, too, so it sounds feasible. I used DVDShrink to rip the English VOB and IFO files from the DVD, XMepg to extract the AC3 track and encode the video to DivX AVI, and Nandub to mix the video and audio.

3. colson40

colson40 Guest

You brought out some points that I hadn't thought of-even though I had to go to the glossary to understand them.I've been wondering about DVDShrink, think I'll try it. Hope someone more knowledgable hears our SOS.

4. deadmetal

deadmetal Member

I was originally using DVD Decrypter, but it didn't allow me to remove the spanish and french-specific scenes the movie includes, so the nice people at their forums referred me to DVDShrink. DVDshrink is easily the best decrypter I've tried yet, since it's designed for removing the parts of a dvd that you don't necessarily want (foreign languages, menus, you name it), and streamilining whatever you want to keep.

I figure that I'll re-encode the movie with 2-channel mp3 sound and be done with it if we can't get any answers by the time I'm ready to go to sleep tonight.

EDIT: Don't let that stop any smart people reading this from speaking up.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2005
  5. colson40

colson40 Guest

touche` on "Don't let that stop any smart people reading this from speaking up." Appreciate your input.