1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

jerky playback on stand alone player

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by simmoez, Jan 8, 2004.

1. simmoez

simmoez Guest

Not had any success yet with my new Lite-on 4x burner . On the copied matrix reloaded using smart ripper, Dvd2one and nero express with verbatim 4x dvd-r, random green blocks would appear every few seconds.
    A copied finding nemo using the same would pause every few seconds.
    I have read through quite a few pages of this forum and the advanced and found a few good suggestions but did not improve things, ie I installed an aspi layer, but Smart Ripper says "try to unlock drive ...
    Host Adapter Inquiry
    switch to WinIO"
    test file access...

Hope u can help

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Why not try DVDshrink to rip and decrypt to HD, then Nero express to burn back to media. This works for most members. Your jerky playback could be poor or cheap media. Also over compression can cause that. Try shrink.
    Its free to download.
    Jerry

3. simmoez

simmoez Guest

d/loaded shrink. Put a dvd in, it scanned the dvd then closed itself!
    Also I tried dvd decrypter, but that won't detect any drives!
    I think I'm going insane!

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Did you download Shrink ver 3. beta? its the latest. Its funny that it closed itself like that. Sounds like a software conflict somewhere.
    Jerry

5. simmoez

simmoez Guest

I sorted out dvd decrypter by removing the adaptec aspi layer and installed force aspi. Not sorted out shrink though.

6. simmoez

simmoez Guest

Tried to copy Shrek using dvd decrypter, dvd2one and clone dvd, but with similar results - sound breakup and blocky . Tried my copies in a different player and they were ok, which is a real pisser cos this was a £40 Alba and mine is a £300 JVC combo. The crazy thing is the JVC will play copies done on a different pc.

7. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Have you checked the media compatability between your burner and players, as in the - and + factor. Could be the jerky playback is the wrong media for the player.
    Jerry

8. simmoez

simmoez Guest

the jvc player won't play dvd+r, only dvd-r. So I don't think it's the media.

9. ashman

ashman Member

I had the same issues with a liteon LDW411-S. It seems a very finicky with media. Try Ritek or pioneer. Also the liteon seemed to be very sensitive to the quality of the original copy. I backed up some of my older movies and got the jerky pixellation you are referring to but was able to have more success with barely used newer originals. I got a bit sick of the whole exercise and swapped to a pioneer A06 and have had no further probs. Good luck.

10. simmoez

simmoez Guest

sorry for late reply. I was afraid you would blame the writer. I was starting to think that myself.
    Although I have tried my copies on yet another player and they work fine. I think I'll get rid of the Lite-on and JVC player. That should sort it!
    cheers everyone for help,

Paul