1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

joined files

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by maddogg, Feb 20, 2004.

1. maddogg

maddogg Member

i have a movie that is in two parts. part one plays fine as does part two. when i join them together the movie plays fine untill it gets about 5 minutes into the last part and then the audio does not keep up with the movie.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well you never said what type of files these are and you never said how you Joined them so I can"t tell you what went wrong or how to fix it untill you answer these questions....

3. maddogg

maddogg Member

sorry about that. they are mpt ts files and i used the avi mpeg rm wmv joiner.

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

So they are Mpeg2 Transport Streams?? Well I don"t work with Transport streams much but I believe you should Run the files through a program called "PVAStrumento" this will Turn them into regular Mpeg2 files and when you Join the 2 Files Hopefully they will not go out of Sync...You can also Try cutting a few Frames off the end of File #1 and a few Frame off the Beginning of file #2 and then join them which also might help with the sync Problems.....Good Luck

5. teegee420

teegee420 Regular member

Maddog, I know you don't have transport streams, but rather a couple of mpegs or VCD's, right? The joiner you used was not intended for large files so that's why you had the sync problem. Try using TMPGEnc to join them. Go to File>MPEG Tools>Merge and Cut. TMPGEnc can do this without re-encoding.

6. Minion

Minion Senior member

If you read his Post he said he has a couple mpg TS Files which to me means Mpeg transport streams...

7. teegee420

teegee420 Regular member

"MPT" is a pirate movie release group and "TS" is short for tele-sync regarding said movies.

8. Minion

Minion Senior member

So they are AVI movies then???

9. teegee420

teegee420 Regular member

Why would you ask that?