1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

joining avi files

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by m6a, Nov 27, 2004.

1. m6a

m6a Member

i joined 3 avi files that were 272,504KB a piece about 800MB. i used virtual dub to join these files and made sure both the audio and video were set to direct stream copy. my problem is that the file produced is 1,051,316KB. why did my file come out so big? what can i do to get this divx.avi to a dvdr?

thanx

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Wrong forum. Thread moved.

3. m6a

m6a Member

oops sorry i wasnt paying attention should i post this again in the correct place?

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I moved it to the correct forum and you're posting to it ;)

5. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

The problem is that, on Virtualdub, if you don't choose a Video Compression = to the original one, the output AVI is different from the original one. What about 1) converting ALL the AVIs to MPGs, doing 2) with TMPGenc 'File___MPEG Tools___Merge & Cut' join the into a large mpeg file, then 3) re-compressing it the large mpeg into AVI (using Virtualdub?)
    Careful: use, in TMPGenc, 'Motion search precision = highest quality' or the AVI --> MPG will lose quality; if you don't have a very good codec or if you use it badly, the merged Mpeg will turn into an AVI file very large.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2004