1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Joining films

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by kyle_101, Feb 19, 2005.

1. kyle_101

kyle_101 Guest

Is it possible to join films using nero. eg two avi files converted using winavi them joining them with nero. I have the full and latest version of nero

thanks

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

there are ways to jion avi but not sure what apps are used?

you say you converted the avi? to what? ifo/bup/vob? use dvd shrink in re-author mode and drag the lot over!

or rename the vobs only in consecutive order and use ifoedit to get new ifo/bup then burn!

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

there are ways to jion avi but not sure what apps are used?

you say you converted the avi? to what? ifo/bup/vob? use dvd shrink in re-author mode and drag the lot over!

or rename the vobs only in consecutive order and use ifoedit to get new ifo/bup then burn!

4. kyle_101

kyle_101 Guest

I have dvd shrink but never use the re-author mode what exactly does it do. when i used winavi to convert the files some were in ifo, some in bup, and some in vob.

5. kyle_101

kyle_101 Guest

I have dvd shrink but never use the re-author mode what exactly does it do. when i used winavi to convert the files some were in ifo, some in bup, and some in vob.

6. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

need more info on what you have and what you need to get to!

but i will guess abit here...

so you have 2 avi and you loaded them to winavi and got 2 sets of ifo/bup/vob yes?

is this like the first set is the first half the film and the second avi the last part of the film? and you want it jioned in 1 film?

well open dvd shrink and click reauthor and load the main title in first folder, locate the first set of bup/ifo/vob then drag it across to the left side and then locate the second set and drag that main title across!

then hit backup! and output to nero or dvd decryter in iso - your choice

7. kyle_101

kyle_101 Guest

Thanks that is exactly what i am trying ot do, i will give it a go and let you know how it goes but i am sure i will be back in a bit to ask you another question.

8. Ratae

Ratae Guest

I'm sure all the previous answers are correct, but if you have the latest version of nero, there shouldn't be any need to convert your avi's at all, just import them straight into nero (using nero Startsmart - select nake your own dvd video from the Photo and Video options). To join the movies simply add the files, then put them together in the timeline, and nero will join them, then just make your chapters, etc as you normally would.

9. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

wasnt sure if that was tried with nero as there wasnt much info to go on, i thought it may have been tried and thats why the poster put this thread on?

but which nero? recode3?

10. Ratae

Ratae Guest

Sorry, it's NeroVision Express, I generally access it from the StartSmart short-cut..hmmm, maybe you're right, Rotary, I guess I just saw the nero and avi and assumed that the original avi's were still available..shouldn't assume anything, huh..:)

11. kyle_101

kyle_101 Guest

Cool, i didnt realise that nero did that all for you, Thanks Ratae and Rotary you have both been a huge help.

12. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

what app did you use in the end? and did it play ok?

13. kyle_101

kyle_101 Guest

Well I used nero to convert and to burn and it worked fine just takes a while like nero does.