1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just a little help

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by boneyard, May 8, 2007.

1. boneyard

boneyard Regular member

i have two issues on two different computers running windows, the first is i have a laptop thats runnin xp and when i turn it on the systems starts to load windows and never passes the windows xp screen, the second issue is that a have a second computer that i installed windows xp on a for some reason the screen resolution is very very poor and in control panel it will not allo me to change from 16bit,, cna some one please help me with these problems
    thanks in advance

2. RaineyWM

RaineyWM Member

The first problem sounds like it may be a problem with your windows os. Did you try running it in safe mode? See if you might have a virus and run a virus scan in safe mode, or possible defrag it in safe mode.

Your second problem, make sure your video card drivers are up to date. Go to the manufacturer of your card's website, and download them. Or, you can go the the system, device manager window, and find your video card adapter, and update it through there (you must have internet connection for this to work).

3. boneyard

boneyard Regular member

on the second issue, i'll try that but as far as the first for some reason it hangs even if i try to start in safe mode.... thanks again for the help

4. jony218

jony218 Guest

Get the demo of "paragon justboot corrector" it can be burn
    to a self-booting cd, and use it to see if your os is on the
    c:drive(and didn't get changed to a different partition),also
    you can check the boot.ini file to make sure it's not corrupt
    or has unrecognizable characters in it.This is the only program
    that I ever tried that actually fixed my nonbooting winxp pro
    computer.