1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just a quick question about burning....

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by ronyap, Dec 27, 2009.

1. ronyap

ronyap Member

Hi,

Whenever I want to burn an avi movie file onto a disc so that it is playable on a DVD player, I use the Burn to DVD feature as opposed to the burn data disc feature.This creates a disc with files in folders such as AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS for example. And they have many separate files like video files with format .vob etc.

All I want to know is, if I were to take this burnt disc, drag all of these files off the disc onto my computer, and then burn the stuff I have dragged off with the 'create data disc' option onto another disc, will it be the same as the original? Ie, can be played on DVD players.

Thanks!

2. CAGal

CAGal Regular member

well it should as long as you keep all the contents. Those two folders (audio_ts + video ts) and their contents is what made a playing DVD, with standard dvd video structure. You don't have anything to make a 1:1 copy? I know Blindwrite does, you insert your DVD, press copy, when the copy is finished, you insert a blank DVD and then the contents are written onto the new disk.

3. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Use ImgBurn for all your burning needs. If you have the Video_TS folder, burn it with ImgBurn. You have an ISO, use ImgBurn.If you want to copy an already burned disc, use ImgBurn. That's all there is to it, no pay for trial and crap software needed.

4. ronyap

ronyap Member

Yes, I know I can copy my DVD, I do that all the time. Its just that I want to know if I did it this way, since I want to store files on my computer for a while before transferring them to disc, if it will work. I have the whole content of the disc, and it should work right? Thanks :D

5. scum101

scum101 Guest

All you actually need to store are the video_ts and audio_ts directories... some older players look for the audio_ts directory even though it's empty.. When you want to burn another exact replica disk you can burn those as a data disk and they work fine. That's how I do it anyway.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2009