1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just bought a dual layer dvd burner! help needed burning a movie

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by nikk86, Jan 10, 2005.

1. nikk86

nikk86 Member

hey guyz, i just bought a dual layer dvd burner and i want to know how i can utilize it to burn movies which are bigger than 4.36 gb beccause on a dual layer disc there is 8 gb of space and i would like to know why there are no guides here regarding burning dual layer discs. your help will be appriciated.

thanx guys

2. OU812Ono

OU812Ono Regular member

Mostly I think it's because the you can backup at least 6-8 movies on 4.7 discs for the price you pay for a single DL.I did a search on ebay and their going for $32 bucks for a 5 pack, I can get 100 Ritek for under $50. I just backup the main movie and keep the orig with all the menu's/extra's/garbage in a safe place. I have a DL burner but untill the price comes down I'll stick with the cheaper route.

If you still wanted to you could follow a Dvd Decryptor tutorial and make an .iso, then just burn the .iso you made onto a DL with the same program. "If your HDD is FAT32 this will not work"

3. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

What programs do you use to backup movies? I've been making DL backups for a couple of months now using Shrink and Nero. It hasn't been around for too long and is still on the expensive side. What do you want to know exactly?

4. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

To answer your question ... It's because it's fairly straight forward. 1) Ya rip it 2) Ya burn it. Who need's to make a guide for that?

5. sakmd

sakmd Member

it's pretty straight forward. not sure what progs you're using, but i've done twice so far using shrink one time and clonedvd 2 the second time. with shrink, i just changed the target size to dvd-9. when it came time to backup, just selected burn w/ nero. in clonedvd 2 i first ripped the files using decrypter. then opened these files in clonedvd 2. to the the left of the quality indicator, there is a drop down menu. in this menu, there is an option for dvd+r dl. just select that and then burn it.