1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JUST BURN A BACKUP DVD PICTURE RUNS SLOWER

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by STONEY121, Aug 19, 2007.

1. STONEY121

STONEY121 Guest

SORRY IM NEW TO ALL THIS , IVE JUST MADE A BACK UP OF ONE OF MY DVDS , USING DVD SHRINK 3.2 AND DVD DECRYPTER , BUT WHEN I PLAY BACK ON A NORMAL DVD PLAYER THE PICTURE RUNS SLOWER THAN THE SPEECH ,CAN ANYONE HELP THANKS

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Does it start out out of sync or does it start out in sync and then go out of sync?

It may just be a bad quality burn. Good quality burns involve:
    - using good quality media like Verbatim and Made in Japan labeled Fuji/Sony or Taiyo Yuden.
    - up to date burner firmware
    - burning at half or less the rated speed of the media
    - no multitasking while burning

3. STONEY121

STONEY121 Guest

hi , thanks for helping , i am using good quality discs ,the opening before the main film is fine , then once the film starts it is as if the film is running frame by frame , but the speach is fine , if you could help more that would be great thanks again

4. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

I would try redoing the project with DVD Shrink. Are you sure you didn't accidentally select a compression technique like Still Pictures under Compression Settings in DVD Shrink? The setting should be left at automatic most of the time.

Does the disk play OK on your PC? Is it just the playback on the standalone that's messed up?