1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just completing one DVD is all I ask

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by chadbb6, Jan 24, 2003.

1. chadbb6

chadbb6 Guest

First off I have a Philips DVD+RW-D28, I have tried for over 5 months now to get a simple 82 minute movie that I created on a DVD+ disk and it is always to large to fit the Maxell 4.7 DVD+R or the Memorex DVD+R 4.7 gig (4 hours)and never have I considered a program that claims it can fit my movie on a CD, I have used every method I know as a newbie and of course I am a bit older than most of you but my eyeballs are hurting from all the reading I do trying to find out what I am doing wrong night after night, and I install new software everytime I turn around with the promise's the new software will solve the problem. Sorry if this is a bit long but I have come to the place that I simply don't think anyone over 50 should try this DVD thing and it hurts me that I have failed so bad, I have "Sonic My DVD" "DUP-DVD" among a few programs I have not uninstalled, I am running WinXP HomeEdition with 2 60gig hard drives, 2.2 gig intel processor and I still can't get the job done, anyone who can point me in a direction please do and I will be forever in your debt, if no help here I am just going to stick to weeding the ole garden, thanks guys...Chad
    P.S. Just wondering: It states on some DVD media it has x amount recording minutes and double that in "extended" mode or what ever you call it, where is the choices to these settings or location? Thanks

2. Lostspace

Lostspace Member

I cant help you with that problem.... but I may be able to say something for your mood :) I am not over 50, but I m still having unsolved problems with burning, no matter how much reading I m doing... so, keep your head up and keep trying...

3. mikeh4692

mikeh4692 Member

hi mate , do you have this film on your hard drive , if so you should be able to import it into one of your programmes and then re-encode it to fit onto a dvd disc, I have a programm called "Movies on CD&DVD" that would do it ,it also allows you to adjust the bit rate to a minimum of 4000, that should do about 2 hrs+ of dvd fotage

4. ILHS86

ILHS86 Regular member

Chadbb6 - I also have a DVD+RW-D28, And it took me a month to get it right,, Finally got my First DVD to burn!!This is what I used, DVD DECRYPTER 3.1.4.0 - if dvd is (1) layer this is great! and easy! if not I have used Nero for step and and use Sublime or Seamonkey's guide(which you can find here on Afterdawn.. So, I hate to say, but yes more reading, but you will get it right!! One more thing, I not sure about yours, but mine will not record on +r only +RW, Philips said it was a misprint and they will only record on +rw media.

5. chadbb6

chadbb6 Guest

Thanks all of you,Lostspace,mikeh4692,ILHS86
    and many others,

I had just about give up on this but you have give me new hope, I am in debt to all of you with your kind suggestions, I will complete this and when I do I will be back and update, again thanks to every single person, this is a great group.

Chad

6. chadbb6

chadbb6 Guest

Do you good people think it is the Philips DVD+RW-D28 that could be the main problem? I posted another reply but I think I put it somewhere else as a new thread, so I am trying again with "reply", thanks.

Chad

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2003
  7. Pratticus

Pratticus Guest

Chad,

Don't be discouraged. I recently picked myself up a Sony DRU-500A. Now, I am not computer illiterate, but I am a little green behind the ears when it comes to video stuff. So, I had to do some digging. I can tell you right now... don't waste your time with the all-in-one packages out there. They will work fine for *some* DVD-5 copying, but I am sure you have learned that most are now DVD-9.

I too have read until my eyeballs bled. Codecs, formats, software, telecining, guides, .vobs, .ifos, .avis, .mpgs....blah blah. Every time you seem to get a grasp on it, another wrench gets thrown into the cogs.

All I can say is perservere. Remember, the reason it is so difficult is because it is SUPPOSED to be that way. This is the way the film industry wants it to try to protect their claims.

8. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

chadbb6: have you tried memorex video dvd+r/+rw discs, they have different recording speeds and lengths on it. What format is the movie that you made in?

i remember my first tries at doing a dvd-9 to dvd-5 rip and how hard it was sometimes to

follow all of the guides.
    here is my contribution to the ripping/backup community, a full screenshot/download guide on it.
    http://www.geocities.com/daseamonkey420/

-free as always! got ?s, drop me a note..
    peace
    seamonkey420