1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just got my R4

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by ZML, Mar 8, 2007.

1. ZML

ZML Member

:D It finally arrived!
    Anyways, after playing with it for a few hours, I've started to figure it out. (Even made a nice skin for it)

But I'm wonderin' a few things.

1. When running Moonshell, why does the DS power light flash? (As if it's in WiFi mode)

3. Moonshell shows all the system files as well.. is there a way to disable them, so they don't show up when I browse files? (Perhaps making them hidden files?)

4. What video formats can I stick on my microSD, and be able to play?

2. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

1. that only happens when the lid is closed (well, i use a simply). but when the lid is closed its in sleep mode and blinks like wifi also. so maybe its messed up, try another version of moonshell.
    3. yes. hide them.
    4. search for dpgtools on your computer or google [dpgtools12 works wih moonshell 1.6 and dpgtools13 works with versions 1.7 and up(1.71!)]. it can convert anything that plays on "windows media player" [or that you have made playable on WMP]. just open up dpgenc and get it started. the format will come out as "something".dpg.

3. ZML

ZML Member

Hmm.. I'll try to figure out the blinking light thing.
    But thanks for the info!

One more thing I forgot:

When I boot Moonshell (man, I seem to have a lot of problems with it. :p ), I get an error message.

An error was detected while trying to access the disc or a file. Please confirm the following:

Then it says a bunch of stuff.. "shell/" included.

I was trying to type it all out, but it's not staying up for very long.
    ..before, it'd stay on the screen until I pressed start, now it's only there for a couple seconds.

4. ZML

ZML Member

Ohh.. Hah.

The light blinks because Moonshell has the "power save mode".
    (backlighting turns off)
    So it acts as if it's in sleep mode.

5. Kiwiclx

Kiwiclx Member

Ignore the error; it does not affect performance.

6. topherya

topherya Guest

woooooooo!!!!!! my r4 finally arrived! but i still have to wait for a mem card and go buy a ds. i have called gamestop a couple times this week and they havent had any in. oh well, probly tomorrow.

wooot r4