1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just got new 2 sheep burner a plextor premium

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by keithyb, Jan 16, 2004.

1. keithyb

keithyb Regular member

When im burning safe disk ..should leave checked (fast error skip blocks) or take that off? In Alcohole 120%??

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Use fast error skip only to read the Safedisc protected image. Use the Safedisc 2&3 datatype profile and read slow, 24x and burn slow(8x).
    Congrats on your purchase of the "elite" 2 sheep cd burner and be sure you're using the latest firmware. Play the backup in your dvd\cd-rom, not your Plex Premium.
    http://forum.rpc1.org/portal.php
    Go to download firmware>Plex cd burners>Plex Premium

Shoey :)

_
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Afterdawn forum rules
    http://www.afterdawn.com/general/legal.cfm
    Mobo: MSI KT4VL-6712,CPU: AthlonXP Barton 2500+,Ram: 512 SD-DDR (PC-2700),nVidia GeForce FX5600(256MB DDR),Maxtor ATA\133 80 gig hd,WD 80 gig external USB 2.0 [/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2004
  3. keithyb

keithyb Regular member

ok so
    1) I go in burn image to my hard drive at speed 24x using safedisk 2/3. And leave the default which is fast error skip...
    2) i burn the image at 8x using safedisk 2/3 option and "enable buffger underrun tehcnology " checked...
    IS there a better program to use for this?

4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

You read the image at 24x and burn at 8x m8.
    Is there a better program than Alcohol 120 for backing up Safedisc? Depends on the user m8 as BlindWrite 5, CloneCD and DiscDump& FireBurner are great "dup" programs. For now stick with Alcohol 120 and ignore the bad sector read count (1-10,500 sectors) as this is common when reading the image of a Safedisc 2.x protected cd.

5. keithyb

keithyb Regular member

k not working..gonne try unchecking bypass EFM error by default...read that somewhere

6. Shoey

Shoey Guest

What are you backing up?
    1) Call Of Duty (Safedisc 3.10)
    2) Prince Of Persia: Sands Of Time (Safedisc 3.15)
    3) A internet download of a Safedisc 2\3.x pc game title, not a "true image".
    4) None of the above

What brand name& model is your dvd\cd-rom?
    When playing your backup in your dvd\cd-rom, be sure Alcohol 120(Big red A icon) isn't running in system tray (startup) and everytime you make a backup>REBOOT.

Mobo: MSI KT4VL-6712,CPU: AthlonXP Barton 2500+,Ram: 512 SD-DDR (PC-2700),nVidia GeForce FX5600(256MB DDR),Maxtor ATA\133 80 gig hd,WD 80 gig external USB 2.0 [/small]

7. keithyb

keithyb Regular member

it came with my dell says
    NEC_DV-5800 A
    i tried it with unchecking bypass efm encoding still not working sigh

8. keithyb

keithyb Regular member

and im backing up epires dawn of modern world

9. keithyb

keithyb Regular member

Safedisk 2.9

10. Shoey

Shoey Guest

DVD-ROM I assume?
    1) Did you reboot after you made your backup?
    2) Is there a "patch" download and if so, what version?
    3)If Blindwrite is installed, uninstall>reboot>play backup in your NEC_DV-5800 A. You shouldn't have to enable "bypass efm" for Safedisc 2.9.

11. keithyb

keithyb Regular member

1) Made my backup with both bypass efm and no bypass efm.. works on the plextor but not on the dvd-cdrom drive.
    2) Not sure if there is a patch i have not looked for one and i dont play it online
    3) i did reboot after and made sure alchy was not in the system tray...strange..

12. keithyb

keithyb Regular member

maybe i should try another program...hmm this should work! GRR

13. keithyb

keithyb Regular member

when i bypass the efm it shows the errors on the screen..when if i dont it does not.. not sure if that helps

14. keithyb

keithyb Regular member

astually the frist time It was checked it did not read the errors..after i rebooted its now reading them when enables

15. Shoey

Shoey Guest

I'm puzzled that your backup won't play in your NEC DVD-ROM as it should play flawlessly. If you can't get a working backup then try BlindWrite 5 5.07& BlindWrite Tweaker 1.41. "Autoplay" disabled? I hope not....

BlindWrite 5 5.07: http://www.vso-software.fr/download.htm

Private message me and I'll send you BlindWrite Tweaker 1.41(small file) via email.

16. keithyb

keithyb Regular member

auto play is enabled..it pops up on the screen where it says play , register then i hit play and it reads about 1 second then freezes...and then the light goes off on the dvd rom...and it just eats all my cpu usageup and i have to reboot

17. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Ok uninstall Alcohol 120, reboot and install Blindwrite 5 5.07 and you need to private message me for the BlindWrite Tweaker 1.41 m8. I'm steering you away from emulation..

18. keithyb

keithyb Regular member

i just send u a private message sir

19. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Keith,
    Follow my BlindWrite 5 guide I sent you via "PM" and post your results.

BlindWrite Tweaker 1.5.0:
    http://www.alcoholer.com/downloads/BW5Tweaker.exe
    ===============================================
    After uninstalling Alcohol 120 and installing Blindwrite 5 5.07, first launch BlindWrite Tweaker and under the basic settings tab folder, disable "include autoplay info. Set max read speed to 24x and write speed CD to 8x. Where it says handle read error, choose ignore and choose automatic for Subcodes for data and audio. In the Topology tab folder choose write with Autoplay and for read topology, choose never extract. Look down and click run Blindwrite and save the image to your hd. When all finished enable all settings using Blindwrite Tweaker(as mentioned above) and burn the image>reboot and see if the backup will play from your NEC DVD-ROM.If the backup should fail then run BlindWrite Tweaker and this time enable "Include autoplay info" in the basic settings tab folder>burn again>reboot>see what happens...
    ==============================================
    email me from your Outlook Express account so I can further instruct you on where the Blindwrite 5 logs are saved, and how to post.

_

20. keithyb

keithyb Regular member

Hope this works! and i dont got an outlook express account :(! sorry