1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just got the new SAMSUNG ln-s4692d. Only a couple COMPLAINTS so far.

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by mikej3131, May 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikej3131

mikej3131 Regular member

Basicaly i just have four complaints so far. and if anyone could tell me what i could do to prevent these i would appreciate it.

1)The Grainy/Sandy looking picture i get sometimes.(This happens alot with moving objects)

2)The chopped up horrible picture when viewing SD with HDMI. I use S-video for now because it looks alot smoother than using HDMI with SD. When i use HDMI for SD, its like i can see every square or line that is on the television setand it looks terrible. The only thing better with HDMI on SD is the color and sound. (This bad picture might be due to the fact that i cant send 480i to the tv set so i have to set my cable box to upscale the 480i signal and the box might be a bad scaler??). i dont know though

3)The purplish colors(the black bars on the top and bottom are perfectly black but the moving blacks have little purple dots sometimes). is this normal? and if not, why are the black bars black as can be but everything else is not?

4)The Dot Crawl looking picture(i know its not dotcrawl because dotcrawl only exists with composite analog video). But if i compared it to a picture that had dot crawl, it would look exactly the same.

Someone please help!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.