1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just help I have tried everything.

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Jeddy55, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Jeddy55

Jeddy55 Newbie

Hello...

I am hoping to get help in order to view my MP4 videos on DVD players. I have watched you tube, read this, read that...have given much energy and time to this entire deal and all I want to do, it make memories for my family.

I have use presently, Nero 8 Start Smart, everytime the video's end up playing on their side. The Nero home essentials is temporary software then it wants me to purchase the rest. The videos come out fine, except most play on their side. So, I have watched new and different ides as of what to do, go back to my Nero, and the buttons on some of the videos watched on You Tube with same software, is not on or with my software. I have both DVD-R and DVD+R to tape on DVD Flick doesnt work at all, I have this too. I also have Easy CD & DVD that was originally on a different computer along with Roxio, Easy Media Creator 9...I have used all of these and the video's still play on their sides if and when they are created. Most of them are MP4... I am very disillusioned on this software. I am in a bit of a quagmire caring for my parents and my income is stringent. I didn't want to buy Nero Burn Express 4 tagged at $100.00...but, I am getting desperate. So tired of all of this...why is this so difficult. Can anyone help? anything is appreciated...I would like to erase what I do have on the DVD's I have used, the ones that play on their side, and use them to figure this thing out instead of wasting more DVD. I have finalized them, and still, playing on their side...I am at a loss.

2. ffg7

ffg7 Regular member

3. Jeddy55

Jeddy55 Newbie

Thank you FFG7...listen to this, I was able to burn what I wanted in at least the DVD player actually acknowledged the videos, I used DVD Flick and ImageBurner, but...again it played the videos on their side...MP4. I was like, oh yeah...but same old story. Listen there friend, its late here...I am off tomorrow, I will give what you submitted a try...its not for XP? the old XP...I am using Windows 7...I did upgrade but is was a joke, so I re-installed Windows 7. I have Windows 8 on my desktop but that is used for other things. Friday..I will investigate what you replied to...thank you...running out of options here and getting tired. Before, nothing on my DVD player...using DVD Flick and ImageBurn..I have video.

Here is what I am going to try...LOL! desperation finds a way. I thought...why not just try again to record...what I am seeing on my DVD player...even though it is on its side...I will turn my phone around, record each event..on its side...download them to Windows 7 and or painfully through Windows 8 and do a transfer through gmail...and then see what will happen, see? its that I am running out of options here,. That or see if I can just add them to Windows 7...

4. Jeddy55

Jeddy55 Newbie

Can anything just be easy...this program is not excepting my DVD + R, DVD - R or DVD RW...now it sais I need a DVD DL..am I to purchase these and find out it still won't work? why does this program call for a double DVD layer...Program beings "CDBURNERXP" what is going on? this one doesn't even take disk no matter which window I select. I think I am going to end up having to buy the Nero Burn Express 4...which I think that it such a waste. ???

5. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

The burning programs are not the likely cause of your dilemma.
    A video will be burned the way it was recorded,which you have neglected to mention as to what the recording device was.
    As far as i'm aware there is no option in nero to flip nor any other program unless it has video editing at it's disposal which would require user input.

So before wasting more discs play the mp4 in a media player on the pc & see if it's flipped

Any program asking for dvd-dl means there is too much data to burn to a single layer dvd.If you want to use single layer you need to compress the video or if burning multiple mp4 remove 1 or 2 or however many that need to be

Finally start using dvd-rw or dvd+rw that are re-writable until issue is sorted & before playing on a stand alone play them in a pc media player first

Other than the above the only place i know who can help is videohelp.com.If you make a post there include all info including the source of video & recording device

6. Jeddy55

Jeddy55 Newbie

7. Jeddy55

Jeddy55 Newbie

ScorpNZ

I figured it all out, to my misfortune on DVD-R which is a $20.00 dollar something loss. Ok, here is what I did, I plugged HDMI cable into pc and tv. I opened my laptop up on pc, all video's play vertical, upright...but, will not burn this way. I took my samsung phone, flipped it onto it's left hand side, taped the footage that was vertical on tv. Proceeded to burn in on DVD Flk. And, to my surprise, a perfect vertical upright movie burned onto DVD-R. I just now need to do this with the rest of my home video's on my computer. On my Windows 7, they are all upright before burning, but...play on their sides when burned on DVD. So...this little experiment worked well. Now, for those times I turned the video a different way and the movies played in their sides that are in my pc, and play upside down when they were burned...your not going to believe this...I used my Samsung, as videos were playing on their side...left hand side on my tv, I turned my phone left, horizontally, straight up and down, vertical, then again to the right...I thought...heck, give it a go with the phone upside down, "SHAZAM" upside down was the key for videos playing on their left hand side on my tv. I taped them upside down with my phone, burned them onto a DVD-R and they totally played right side up. The fella who said, record with your phones on their sides...was right, but be sure to record with your phone going left, not right. Whewwww...what a head-ache. I have lots of work to do, thank you all for your input and help.