1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just installed a Denon 1612 and I cant see my Pc????

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by goyankees, May 12, 2012.

1. goyankees

goyankees Regular member

I connected my satellite box and it can be seen. I connected my ps3 and it can be seen but i connected my pc and it cannot be seen? Is this receiver not supposed to view pc signals? Let me know guys, thanks!

2. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

Here is the manual for it.According to the manual it doesn't say anything about connecting a computer to it.If your computer has an HDMI output it may work on one of the inputs but it doesn't show anything in the manual.

http://www.manualowl.com/m/Denon/AVR-1612/Manual/207077

3. goyankees

goyankees Regular member

Thanks! I'm just assuming it doesn't work with pc's. which sucks. :/ ima try different hdmi cables.

4. smoggie66

smoggie66 Regular member

try using hdmi in game and set up your graphics card software to dual disply and arc another to tv i have 1912 which isnt much diffrent and this works fine.nvidia gpuz work best also turn off hdmi control can cause probs

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  5. goyankees

goyankees Regular member

Ok lemme see if I understand you correctly. You mean connect my pc to the game input on receiver and then do a dual display mode from my pc's tv to my 55' tv? Then turn off hdmi control on my tv? I think I turned off hdmi control on my tv I'd have to check. Please let me know if Im on the right track! Thanks!

6. smoggie66

smoggie66 Regular member

turn off hdmi on denon it should work with it on but i find it works best off i somtimes get no sound with it on

7. goyankees

goyankees Regular member

How do i turn hdmi off? My denon only has hdmi inputs. Please let me know and thanks.

8. smoggie66

smoggie66 Regular member

hdmi setup then hdmi control

Last edited: May 17, 2012
  9. goyankees

goyankees Regular member

Now i get something else weird. When i play playstation 3, the image just goes blank after a while when i try to play emulators or a game? Its like it doesnt recognize the output? It streams movies fine through playstation media serve. What can this be? I switched the hdmi cable and it gave me the same problem?

10. smoggie66

smoggie66 Regular member

ok after a bit of reseach i found that turning deep colour off on ps3 may fix the prob. i dont have ps3 so let me know if it works m8.

11. goyankees

goyankees Regular member

Thanks for the help. I turned deep color off and it still does the error. Tv goes blank and states UNSUPPORTED SIGNAL. PLEASE CHECK OUTPUT DEVICE. This receiver is really starting to pisss me off!! LOLOLLL

12. goyankees

goyankees Regular member

Ok, riddle me this batmans. lol jk This is weird so, when said problem happens, I tried switching with quick select over to my satellite box input and it can be viewed. Once I switch over again with quick select back to the ps3 it can be viewed again. Weird, huh. I'm ULTRA new to the receiver scene so any and all help is greatly appreciated.

I have my ps3 hacked and I'm noticing that when I select movies off playstation media server it never goes blank and I've selected multiple movies without a hiccup. But when I select multiman or any emulator before it reaches it respected window it blacks out. Could it be a emulator multiman thing regarding its resolution or some shi*? I'm reaching I know but I have no clue wtf is going on.

13. smoggie66

smoggie66 Regular member

try bypass reciever and hook up straight to tv to see if you get same fault iam not to clued up on ps3 emulators but does it do the same on oraiganal games. you could also try searching on av forums or youtube to see if someone else has prob and fixed issue

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  14. goyankees

goyankees Regular member

Ok thanks man. Ive just done my own experimenting and it seems to be only happening when i select emulators or third party apps (multiman).... i selected a game to load about 6-7 times in a row and it never goes blank. I did the same thing with multiman and emulator and it would eventually black out. I will try bypassing receiver later but im starting to think it has something to do with the third party apps. It really a quick fix i just hit quick select back and forth and im back up but i wanna solve this.

15. smoggie66

smoggie66 Regular member

ye i think thats spot on m8 i know sony were bringing firmware out to block emulaters so it could be that.

16. goyankees

goyankees Regular member

Now I can't put the damn device on standby! LMFAO Im starting to think the devil manufactures this receiver! LOL

17. goyankees

goyankees Regular member

Any idea guys on the standby issues?

18. smoggie66

smoggie66 Regular member

19. goyankees

goyankees Regular member

ok, turning off the hdmi control on the receiver removed the standby option. Turning it back on fixed this. I bought this receiver with the standby passthrough option in mind so ima turn hdmi control back on. Ima test now the pc problem i was having again soon. Ima just assume the ps3 problem is the emulators and third party apps. lol

20. donepps

donepps Member

Did you ever get this working? I have the exact same problem with mine.

thanks!