1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just installed a Xenium SP. ICE

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by XboxMom, Oct 31, 2005.

1. XboxMom

XboxMom Member

And I want to make sure I've done every thing right. I get the Xenium dash board on boot up (whew) so I believe it's in right (all the lights lit up before assembling the box again. Now, I have not yet flashed a bios to this chip yet, and am not sure where to even find one for it, which one should I go with etc, what should it be named. I have the CD-RW's for doing this and have NERO to do it with. I want to back up my games (to save the kids scratching them from playing them for HOURS on end) What other things (if any is this chip cabable of doing?) and did I make a good choice in chips?

2. will42082

will42082 Guest

1st off, you need to figure out what version xbox you have. this will determine what type of bios you need. tutorials on xbox-scene.com will help you determine this. you will most likely want to go with the x2 5035 bios, this is the newest bios from xecuter, (yes it will work with your chip) you can find these on mIRC in a room called #xbins, these files are illegal and that's why it is hard to find them, xbox-scene.com also has a tut on how to log into that place to get these files. after the bios is installed, you are now able to run unsigned code (different dashboards, burnt games etc...) i would recommend an auto installer such as slayers for this. It automatically formats your hd, and installs all nesseccary applications for the xbox. everything you need can be found at xbins, you just gotta get in the room to get the files, search on sbox-scene.com for the info on how to do so. just remember, read, read, read, read, read, read and then take action

3. XboxMom

XboxMom Member

The Xbox is a 1.6 version. (after much digging) LOL (about nine hours worth) I've been reading and re-reading and re-reading again, and looking some more.

4. hunter929

hunter929 Member

I have 1.6 with spice and I use evox m8plus16. The first one i did was my buddys 1.0 it took me weeks. It only took a few hours to do mine, and i put in a 200gb hd. that is well worth the money. let me know if i can help, its hard to get a direct answer sometimes.

5. XboxMom

XboxMom Member

I haven't upgraded the hard drive yet, I supposed I should be looking into that next?? What are the capabilities of this chip? what all does it actually do?

6. hunter929

hunter929 Member

there is a good xenium guide. Other than use it to boot bios and dash, it has a simple harddrive upgrade wizard. I dont do alot with my xbox but play games.

7. XboxMom

XboxMom Member

We don't do much else but play games either, and want to back up our games, but had heard rumors that we could modify maps and make changes to how vehicles behave?

8. hunter929

hunter929 Member

i know that there are some map editors for the likes of Halo, havent used them myself

9. XboxMom

XboxMom Member

Well, I've got the CD-RW's, and I had ordered the DVD kit with the mod, however we are having issues with getting it to work (not sure why) the message we are getting is, "The DVD region of your DVD Playback Kit reciever is invalid. Remove the disc to continue." Did I order the wrong one??? It's a Dragonbox Xbox remote Control 2.

10. hunter929

hunter929 Member

Im not sure about the dvd kit. Where did you order it from and Ill check it out. You can use a program called xbox media player to watch movies and loads of other stuff. The only reason I can think of for the error is that your dvd is for ex: region1 and your trying to watch a dvd from another area. Have you flashed your bios and installed your dash?

11. XboxMom

XboxMom Member

Not yet, trying to fix an issue with Nero right now on my computer. If it's not one thing it's another LOL

12. XboxMom

XboxMom Member

Hey Hunter, where did you get evox m8plus16 from? I was going to try and use that one on my xbox as well.

13. XboxMom

XboxMom Member

14. XboxMom

XboxMom Member

I just got the EVTool so I can get his bios loaded (can't figure out what's up with Nero yet) heard this was supposed to be better for loading a bios on Xbox anyway. Still trying to find that one you suggested though.

15. hunter929

hunter929 Member

I know what you mean I have been trying to fix my computer for two days now.I guess i should stay off the buggy sites. Heres the info for getting all of the latest programs.
    http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/xbins.php
    you can go by xbins.org first to make a list of what you want.

16. XboxMom

XboxMom Member

OH boy..LOL well I'm in mIrc right now, in Xbins, and it's empty, trying to get that file. I typed in what the tutorial said to, and get an invalid command??? (Even though it said there would be someone hangin' out on the channel) so I tried anyway.

"Read all the stuff in red ITS IMPORTANT . then type in “/msg xbins !list” with out the quotes and after 2-3 seconds a new thing saying xbins should appear near the top of your screen. Click it."

I'm assuming this is because there is no one in the room. LOL Wanna email me the bios I need??? ROFL my eyes are crossing!!! ROFL

17. unlikebob

unlikebob Member

hey. I also would like it for you to upload the evolutionX to my server. I can give u a username and password to do it. it would be great!!! thanks!!!

18. XboxMom

XboxMom Member

Helllllllllllllllllllllp LOL anyone out there???? Still trying to get that bois for the kid's xbox...........still no luck in the room that command is'nt working and no one is in the room when I go (I've even tried different times of day) Is there any where else I can go to get it? The kid is getting restless.

19. AUGBOY

AUGBOY Member

I got my Xecuter 2.6 CE hooked to my universal solderless adapter. I have a Xbox 1.0. The blue light comes on and the lights on the switch come on.... BUT the xbox just boots up regular

20. XboxMom

XboxMom Member

I get the dash board of my Xenium SPICE when I boot up, but I'm still having issues getting the, bios. :-/