1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just installed XP

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by BPMead007, Feb 27, 2007.

1. BPMead007

BPMead007 Member

I had been running Windows ME on my machine for quite a while but I finally got around to upgrading to XP. I have a Sabrent TV tuner/capture card that was working fine until I made the switch. Now when I open WinDVR it says "Cannot get device". I tried re-installing the software but to no avail. Any advice?

2. onya

onya Guest

I thought I recognised the name. Happy to hear you made the switch. The software that came with the capture device, has it got seperate driver software? Maybe if you uninstall the current driver, then restart your pc, and WinXP should detect "New hardware" and install a driver for it.

Cheers.

3. BPMead007

BPMead007 Member

Thanks, I already did that and it worked, I just hadn't had the chance to update my post. Well, it kind of works, but I'm pretty sure that all the remaining problems are just due to the general crappiness of the card.

Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2007
  4. onya

onya Guest

LMAO........

Good to hear you got it working.

Cheers.