1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just made VCD but theres only audio when i watch it

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by time808, Oct 15, 2004.

1. time808

time808 Member

Im very new to this. I burned my first VCD on to two difffernt disks. I can watch the DAT file on my computer and everything is fine. But when I put it in my DVD player, the screen is black and only the audio is playing. I dont think it's my DVD player cause I have played VCD's on it in the past. Can anybody help??

Thanks
    Dan
    AIM: time8080

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

First: How did you make that VCD? Nero? VCDGear? VCDEasy? Using what as input? A .MPG? An .AVI? A .DAT file? A BIN/CUE?
    Second: why did you open a .DAT, and from where? Did you open it from the VCD of throm your PC? Read the 'sticky' thread: the .DAT is NOT a true MPEG, but a 'ripped riff file' and it must exist only inside to a VCD (made from an input .MPG movie using VCDGear of VDEasy). Again: is that file, the input movie you used for that VCD? (Because if it you did so, it is easily explained why you cannot play that VCD on your DVD player. Again: read the sticky thread, please)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Read forum rules!
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487[/small]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2004