1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just noticed new stuff!!!

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by 2f4st4u, Jan 16, 2007.

1. 2f4st4u

2f4st4u Regular member

did any1 else notice the my acount and the edit my profile links up next to the signed in as: area???

2. rcrockett

rcrockett Regular member

Yeah, it's pretty cool. I wanted an easier way to get to my profile.

3. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Another good idea implemented by AD, however I would like to see them go a little further and have Private Messages there as well...something like New Messages...( and then the unread number) easier than having to check email for notification.

COMMENTS ?????

4. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

That would be cool, but it could get annoying. Maybe aD should conduct an "A" "B" test where some people see it and some don't, then see what gets better feedback.

5. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

i don't think its nessacary

its just as easy to click your email as it is to open this site to see if you have mail

6. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

@Pop_Smith, How would it be annoying, I am a member of another forum and they have this facility.

@aabbccdd, Thats fine if you are logged on with your email....You STILL have to check your email to see if you've received a PM what I propose is that it be evident at the top of your page...this is what appears at the top of the page on the OTHER forum

My Controls · View New Posts · 0 New Messages

Instant access, no need to have email open

We currently have 2 links to OUR Account now the new features have been introduced.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2007
  7. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

got ya ,that would be a good idea

8. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

I DID propose this to management 2 months ago but I havent heard anything back about it at this stage...hopefully support for it will grow, Cheers.

9. zeiram

zeiram Guest

nice idea gwen but it depends on what the software geniuses can fit into the program.Its a do-able thing and knowing drd if they think its a worthwhile option they probably will incorporate it but it may not be on the top of there list.As servers etc will probably take priority over options that can be implemented later down the track

zei

10. Niobis

Niobis Active member

For sure! For us using dial-up, having to load the PM page just to see if anything is new or not kind of wastes times when we could just see it on the main page. I for one have both hands raised for that idea!

11. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

Sounds good, I like it. However, that's up to dRD and his team.