1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just Successfully Softmodded Your Xbox? Great!.. Now read this before you do ANYTHING!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Mik3h, Oct 14, 2006.

1. nanospyda

nanospyda Member

I've tried 2 drives...

40gb Seagate ST340810A (which seems lockable, according to that site)

60gb Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9 6Y060L0420411 (haven't seen, but would like the bigger drive)

2. giorgoc

giorgoc Member

nanospyda,

If your original xbox HD is working to your softmodded xbox then definately this is an issue of your new HD.

1. Either the HD for some reason is not supported for this (i.e. not lockable, etc)
    2. or the most possible ... is that you are doing something wrong.

I'd insist to re-try. Once you are done (and before you lock the HD), just reboot your PC with the CD-RW inserted into your drive and when you get the menu

1) Boot VGA console with xbox-drive utilities (default)
    2) Boot text-console with xbox-drive utilities
    3) Boot linux with locking/unlocking utilities
    4) Boot to DOS with HD unlock tools

choose option 3. This will lock your HD.

I m not really expert into this, I did that and it worked fine.

3. nanospyda

nanospyda Member

I might have messed up... Im going to try again, this time only copying my C drive only to the disc and see if that works...

edit:the Maxtor drive is also lockable (checked on xbxhq) so I will build the new drive and let y'all know what happens!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2006
  4. nanospyda

nanospyda Member

edit 2:retried and still failed, with both drives being on the compatibility list & fully functioning drives, I still get error 6 even tho I locked the way u said... only thing I didnt do was burn to cd-rw, i used cdr...but that couldnt be it could it??

5. giorgoc

giorgoc Member

I think you could give it a try and do not copy your C and E drive. Download a new fresh xboxhdm, just place in there your own eeprom.

As regards the CD-RW , I would strongly recommend using one of those. I failed to do that with a CD-R or a DVD-R to be perfectly honest... (really is strange, have no clue why!).

Give it a try....

6. PhoenixB

PhoenixB Guest

Hmm... I might have to try a CD-RW...

DVD-RW works for this?

7. nanospyda

nanospyda Member

well, on my 20th try, still nothing... now Im going to try the eeprom in the UDATA folder and hopefully this works... I'll post and let y'all know what happened!

8. nanospyda

nanospyda Member

this is what I tried and it worked! My MS dash is on now, and I am readying the softmod... thanks to everyone who helped, I have so much knowledge and now its easy to do! If anyone has a problem using xboxhdm and error 6, just read the above and you should be set to go!

9. FuZ3

FuZ3 Regular member

Looks great. I un-softmodded my Xbox a while back. I'm thinking of modding it again and putting XBMC as my main dashboard. Keep it up.

10. Koolor

Koolor Member

OK I just downloaded that file off the freakyhosting link and should I just go and ftp the whole thing to my c drive?

11. DrewMan94

DrewMan94 Member

Sorry to jump in, but I soft modded my XBOX and all the modded maps work, but I can't get on XBL. If I boot normally, XBL comes up fine, but when I use Unleashed, H2 works, but no XBL. I checked the Network settings on the Unleashed Dashboard and it has valid IPs. Anyone?

12. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

You are trying to sign on with a modded dashboard which = permanent ban!

Use your microsoft dashboard to sign it. When installing the softmod, you DID choose dualboot didn't you?

Koolor - Yes.

-Mike

13. DrewMan94

DrewMan94 Member

Yeah, I set it up for dual boot. Anyway, since someone else on a different board called me an idiot for wanting play modded maps on XBL, I'll cease from posting. My intent was to play with other XBL friends and NOT in MatchMaking with the maps. Guess I'll resort to playing with Glitches.

14. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

You'll get banned from matchmaking, even if you only play with modded maps in a custom game. Even if it's closed party. Your HD is scanned as you sign it and searches for the signatures within maps, and compares it to their database, if it conflicts, you'll be banned within 6 hours.

-Mike

15. PhoenixB

PhoenixB Guest

Doesnt the map resigner work??

There is no way around that?

Any idea on how to block bungies IP?

16. knockemv2

knockemv2 Regular member

no there is no way around bungies bannhammer and no u cant block bungie so many people have tried and all have failed but u can delete fed back if ur stanbying or anything like that

17. xxteakxx

xxteakxx Regular member

Actually knockem, I think a couple of people have removed the ban, but I know it is very complicated. And there is actually no way to delete feedback.

18. PhoenixB

PhoenixB Guest

I heard that before also, but I cant find out how to remove my ban... Any ideas?

19. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Depends what kind of ban.

Account ban (IE. Cheating) = Account ban (non-fixable)
    Xbox EEPROM Ban (IE. Signing on with modchip) = Xbox Ban (fixable by changing EEPROM which is very likely to kill your Xbox. I've only tried it once on a friend's and sure enough, his Xbox is dead.)

-Mike

20. PhoenixB

PhoenixB Guest

yeah its a halo 2 bungie-ban... so Im screwed.