1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just tried to install my wiikey and messed up now im pretty sure i need to use the ic legs

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by hugger, May 4, 2007.

1. hugger

hugger Guest

I tried to solder my wiikey foolishly by my self and now i have accidentally pulled off solder point number 6 on my wii and also pulled off the soldering plate thats under the point so now the solder dousent stick to the spot on the board and it cant be repaired anymore.

So i am going to take it to a professional to get it soldered on monday. I was going to ask him to bypass the missing solder point by soldering it directly to one of the ic leg.

What i wanna know is will soldering it directly to the ic leg work even tho the plate was ripped off solder point 6?. What ic leg has to be soldered to replace solder point 6?. dose anything have to be done to the ic leg befor its soldered?.

2. hugger

hugger Guest

One more thing after ripped off solder point 6 on my wii the system still works perfectly with game disks.

3. nintenut

nintenut Regular member

Wrong board, dude.

4. hugger

hugger Guest

WoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooopppppppppSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Sorry about that im a newb.