1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just want to say

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by punchie, May 6, 2004.

1. punchie

punchie Member

how good it is to pray to God , to feel him in my life to know that went all is done , he is still there for me. went there is no one to turn too , he is there .i'm happy because he hear my cry and he help me . thank lord.

2. brian100

brian100 Guest

In the dictionary under the word "athiest" it says "see brian100"

Ban religion, reduce warfare!!

3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

I believe in god but i dont like him, everything in my life got too fucked up man, people died so i have turned my back now!

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

To have a fulfilling life, you must believe in something, otherwise when the end comes, what will u have lived for?

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I have absolute faith but have absolutely no use for religion. Religion is nothing more than a control mechanism developed by people. Rules, rules, rules, you can't do this, you can't do that , blah blah blah.

If it works for you, then have at it.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    JMLS-166S/Plextor PX-708A/Plextor Premium[/small]

Last edited: May 6, 2004
  6. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I agree completely with that

7. madbaz

madbaz Member

In my humble opinion i believe there was such a person as Jesus Christ and he was the very first and original con man. He sucked money from everyone he could and used it to recruit "blind people" and "cripples". He had a definite impact on the world with cult leaders still imitating him to this day.

8. DarkmanX

DarkmanX Regular member

That's pretty harsh madbaz. I know that the examples of religion has been tarnished as of late; issues with the catholic church and in appropriate contact with boys, church officials sucking their congregations funds for personal gain, and the list goes on, but I don't see how you can say that Jesus scammed people out of their money and recruited blind and sick people.

9. madbaz

madbaz Member

I find it very hard to believe anything in the bible such as Noahs arc carry 2 of every spieces, the valley of death where skeletons rise from the ground and that any God would make someone sacrifice thier only child just so they could have more.
    I dont think the blind and cripples he recruited were actauly handicap just more conmen like himself.
    This is strictly my point of view and just like Dela I to have become a sceptic due to circumstances that would never occur under an all loving God.

10. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I find the Bible to be a book of parables meant to guide people. It seems everyone is so damn obsessed with taking every little thing from it literally that they miss the big picture: be good to yourself and others. People have turned an intrinsically good and insightful book into the biggest collection of excuses to hate and discriminate against others. 'Tis a shame really.

11. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I think the churches are Hierarchy's wishing to take ur money. Why does my church (catholic) require expensive gold cups and all these expensive stuff, when the whole idea of the church is to bring a community together, not take their money and squander it on stupid possessions. The pope is a very rich man - same for other religions...

12. DarkmanX

DarkmanX Regular member

We must remember that the bible was written by the hands of man. Now people of faith would like to believe that a higher being inspired these men to write these books of the bible, but we really don't know. Ask yourself this, if a man, in 2004, wrote a book to amend chapters in the bible and claimed that he got a vision from god to write the book, people would discount his writings, yet that's exactly what has evolved into todays religion.

There is validity that images of a wrathful god would be useful in manipulating people to do as they are instructed by " leaders of their days. The church was all powerful at one in time, even ruled over kings. Fear can be a powerful tool to manipulate

13. Sinjin

Sinjin Member

I think any "religion" aka belief structure, faith, what have you, that serves to bring peoples together and unite, is of great social value. It is far to often that these religions attempt to divide peoples. What the hell is that good for? I think on my catholic school days when I was informed that it was my duty to judge people. Although now I have slipped on to the side of aetheist, I can't help but feel a warm fuzzy feeling about humanity's true potential and what we all can accomplish when we work together for a common good. I don't know if we need religion for this purpose, but I don't think these views shouldn't have to be excluded. God or no God, we should all get our damn shit together! WTF man! And yes, I did have a few too many at the pub tonight! :)

14. madbaz

madbaz Member

You sinner! :)

15. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

1. According to the way you have been brought up and your life experiences etc that may be true.
    2. If you believe in something, when you die, what will those beliefs accomplish?
    3. I live for my job. I dont believe in it.

Cheers.

16. DarkmanX

DarkmanX Regular member

God or no god, what's wrong with an ideal that promotes peace and good will towards man. If we strive to be better individuals and to live better lives aren't the people we enteract with the better for it, and thus blessed.

17. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yes, but most of todays problems (and violence) are in someway associated back to a religion. Religion causes more problems that it cures in my opinion...

18. DarkmanX

DarkmanX Regular member

Hey!!! I'm a full fledge member.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

Silent Assasin[/small]

Last edited: May 8, 2004
  19. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Im not saying that religion is wrong, im saying that because of religion, there are a lot of problems today that may have been avoided. Hitler killed thousands of Jews because of their religion. Catholics and Protestants fight in Ireland because of religion, muslims fight Christians.....all because of religion...

But religion is a good thing and is misused all the time by people for so called violent acts in the name of God/Allah

20. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

Religion does seem like an inconvinience b/c all it seems to do is divide people up even more. For example at my school if people were to start talkin about religion I would have to try to avoid them b/c if I were to tell some people (especially in the Southern U.S.) that I was Atheist/Agnostic then they would think that I was the one of the life forms of life on Earth and that my life is a waste, and that I'll burn in hell for the rest of eternity. Sounds comforting:) I know from personal experiance that there are some people who won't even talk to people who don't beleive in God. Most people aren't this harsh but there still are lot. What I gather is that religion only allows you to be kind and caring to people of that religion and it seems to cause more hate and conflict than it does peace. People should just drop organized religion, come up with their own personal faith that [bold]they[/bold] feel is right and learn to except other peoples faiths.