1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K-Lite Media Player cannot render MP4 anymore

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by leroyorel, May 18, 2007.

1. leroyorel

leroyorel Regular member

I love my K-Lite Media Player cause it will play anything. I just now tried to open some MP4 files and it couldn't render. This is absurd. It has played these very files. As recent as yesterday. Why does it have to defy me?

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Hi! I'm a K-Lite fan myself. *_*

If your mp4 files used to play but not anymore, maybe the codecs are broken (yes, they sometimes do). You could run a check on the codecs, or just reinstall k-Lite again to see if that would fix the problem.

Happy mp4 viewing!

3. leroyorel

leroyorel Regular member

I just ran a check on the codecs and it found two that were broken. I clicked 'Yes' to remove registry information. The movies still don't play. It seems like I should have to replace them or something, right?

Last edited: May 19, 2007
  4. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

K-Lite Media Player??

They have their own player now? Usually they just package other people's stuff. For instance, their 64bit pack is mostly filters that I compiled.

When you don't install codec packs and other crap, generally codecs/filters do not break.

If we are talking Media Player Classic here, then it has a built in mp4 splitter (possibly disabled to use Haali's) and should provide some info on what failed to render.

If something is broken and you remove the registry information. That would suggest that the file was deleted rather than uninstalled properly. So deleting the registry keys just cleans things up. It won't make the filter/codec work. You would need to re-install it.

5. leroyorel

leroyorel Regular member

So I reinstalled it. Now everything plays fine. There was a conflict with iTunes but I looked up how to get around it. Thank you.

Last edited: May 19, 2007
  6. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Glad that it now works.