1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K700i help

Discussion in 'Sony phones' started by manas27, Feb 21, 2006.

1. manas27

manas27 Member

Hi guys when i seem to connect my phone woth the dcu 11 cable it does not detect the phone even when i have connected it. i have the file manager installed and the drivers for both: the cable and the phone modem drivers pls help

2. PeterEdin

PeterEdin Regular member

I had endless problems connecting my K700 to my Windows XP SP2 computer and I never managed to sort it out. I tried the Sony Ericsson cable and software and a third part cable and software, but still it wouldn't connect so I just went and bought an IRed dongle and connected that way and it worked fine.

I was going to add a Bluetooth dongle but I hear of endless problems with those as well

Incidently, I now have a K750 which seems to connect via USB with no problems at all.

3. gj59

gj59 Member

FWIW you might try Float's Mobility Agent (FMA). See Sourceforge. This may work when SE's software doesn't. I recently managed to hose the SE phone manager/file manager, which had previously worked with my Z500a. FMA continues to work, although it will only sync phonebooks, not calendars with Outlook.

HTH, G