1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K8N Sli ethernet port not working

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Leonates, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Leonates

Leonates Member

I have a K8n sli with amd fx60, geforce 8800, 2gigs of ocz ram, and a 600 watt psu and windows xp professional. this is a recently built computer and when i started it up and got everything installed INCLUDING latest drivers for EVERYTHING, the ethernet port doesnt show up in network connections. i try plugging in a cable into the port and of course no internet connection either. any ideas on how to fix or at least find a solution? i know i could just buy an ethernet card but this problem is REALLY bugging me.

2. Leonates

Leonates Member

ok so actually i lied apparently. after a little fiddling with the modem itself, i can get internet connection when the ethernet cable is plugged in. however i still cant see the connection when i go to my network connections in windows xp!!! a friend said it was because it is being controlled solely by nforce drivers and that my ethernet properties are now located elsewhere....somebody please help!

3. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

I believe you can download the nforce networking drivers on their own. Have you tried doing that?

4. Leonates

Leonates Member

yeah. i also went to device manager and looked at my ethernet controller properties and there was a bunch of nforce stuff in there to alter and mess around with the ethernet there. so i guess thats good enough. i just wish windows would recognize it...