1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kawasaki PVS10921 Compatibility

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by elecengr, Nov 25, 2005.

1. elecengr

elecengr Member

Has anyone had any luck determining what DVD+/-R media is compatible with the Kawasaki PVS10921 9" Portable DVD player? Must be a fairly new product because I've been unable to locate much info on it on the internet.

So far, I've found the following media to be incompatible:

TDK DVD+R 8x
    Memorex DVD+R 8x
    Memorex DVD+R 4x

If it matters, the burning software I'm using is Nero 6.

Here's the link to the manufacturer's website:

http://www.18002526123.com/findit/pvs10921top.htm

If anyone knows what type of media is compatible, I'd appreciate the info. Thanks!

2. rocket17

rocket17 Member

I picked up one of these players today. So far seems to be a decent player. I was able to play a burned DVD on this system with Ridata (Ritek) 8x DVD-R. It does get a little pixalated at times, but tollerable.

3. dipset121

dipset121 Regular member

yea i'm having problems with mine too

4. elecengr

elecengr Member

Ok, better luck this time. I picked up some DVD-R media which seems to work fine with this player. Here's what worked for me:

Memorex DVD-R 16x (burned at 8x speed using Nero 6)

5. dipset121

dipset121 Regular member

yea i just recently got back from the store and i purchased some fuji film 8x colored dvd+r's made in japan only discs that work on every player in my house including my ps2 and i also got some memorex 8x dvd+r to work as well i used dvd shrink to burn at 8x for both

6. dipset121

dipset121 Regular member

@elecengr

Do you ever have any problems with how the menus and things like that look on your portable compared to your stand alone dvd player because I do with this one some of the colors are off and it seems that its pixelated at times and this is with copies as well as original movies I dont know what the problem is I tried ajusting the brightness but it doesn't help anyway have you had any weird playback problems with this player

7. rocket17

rocket17 Member

I am really enjoying this player. With headphones, the audio is great. I haven't had any issues with Retail DVD's. No discoloration or pixelation, strange menus etc...

Only time I have pixelation is when playing a burned DVD. Even then it is only occasional. Again, I am using Ridat (Ritek) 8X DVD-R.
    100 pack spindle will cost you about $35 from www.newegg.com This brand has been rated as the best.

8. elecengr

elecengr Member

Hi dipset121. After I get a little more use out of the player I'll try to reply again with any issues I find. So far, I have not noticed any playback problems / discoloration / pixelation with any store bought DVDs. I did not notice any problems with the menus, but I will look closer next time. So far the only major limitation on the quality of the video has been the quality of the LCD screen itself.

With burned DVDs, I did notice a very small bit of pixelation; I'm assuming it is exactly the same thing that rocket17 noticed. Also, as rocket17 noted, the audio is good when using headphones.

With that said, it has been a great player for the price I paid for it.

9. dipset121

dipset121 Regular member

@ everyone

when you first turn a movie on the blue screen that shows the R rated info its really blurry on my player you cant even read the words does anyone else have this problem also is it just me or is everyones LCD screen look flat out horrible at times I dont know but i think my Kawasaki is broken or faulty or something any help would be helpful

10. andie769

andie769 Member

I tried the memorex dvd-r16X and it worked well. Imation did not work. I also bought the memorex dvd+r16X but I haven't tried it.

11. mwpfoto

mwpfoto Member

I have been using Sony DVD-R media. it seems to work fine on the kawasaki pvs10921

12. mwpfoto

mwpfoto Member

BTW, I do find that the face tones esp in dvd-r media are on the magenta side. One issue with this unit is that there are no (that I can find) adjustments for color tint or contrast. The scenes at times seem washed out no matter how i tilt the screen.
    But what can I expect for a 9" port. dvd player which I got on sale for $120. !

13. dipset121

dipset121 Regular member

its a contrast button on the side of the lowsy LCD screen

14. mae128

mae128 Member

Can this machine play PS2 games?