1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kazaa Lite problem with Underworld movie download

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by lohaus, Sep 23, 2003.

1. dw817

dw817 Member

Hi UK_Mewz:

* Well, I'm not sure I got Overnet to work right .. I brought it up again this morning and searched for something simple like "Kim Possible" and while it brings up a lot of music and audio, it brought up zero videos for format "ANY."

I got 22 movies listed with Shareaza.

In attempting to download a song from Overnet, I get no activity of any kind.

Further Overnet is ad-ware, the expected version to use is commercial, and it just didn't seem to nab a file at all when I did it.

We all have our favorite share-programs UK_MEWZ, but I think I'll stick with 100% Freeware Shareaza which lets you know WHAT the status of a download is if it doesn't start immediately, and has movie/audio/picture preview, and no running ad windows.

A fast download share-program is great, but I'd prefer one that gives me a constant 1k/sec rather than one that might give me 10k/sec if the circumstances are correct. :)

[​IMG]

2. theschles

theschles Member

XDCC Catcher and IRCSpy.com are much better...

The only problem is that nobody seems to have an Underworld movie with a decent sound recording - it's almost like they decided to put mic and headphone volume at the maximum levels...

Bloody sucks...

3. dw817

dw817 Member

Greets Theschles:

* One solution for audio would be to extract it manually and use Soundforge to raise the volume of it and then re-encode it with VideoDubber.

I've had to use VideoDubber for several videos that were messed up in one way or another and while it doesn't have an auto-audio volume adjustment >P it does have many clean-up filters for videos, and it's 100% Freeware as well.

[​IMG]

4. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

For a complete listing of almost every codec required to watch a movie and the order to install them in... pay a visit to http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/48608

dw817:
    There is a reason Onet isnt as fast as kazaa their ilk. Overnet is based on the eDonkey network and those files offer reliability rather than proliferation. If you want speed and reliability, try IRC out. Until then Onet is arguably amoung the top few P2P apps that are worth considering.