1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KaZaa Movie wont play What did I do wrong?

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Nessa, Oct 11, 2002.

1. Nessa

Nessa Member

Yes I am very new to all this. And I have read most of this forum and maybe I just keep missing somthing. I have downloaded a few movies from KaZaa but they will not play. Not in real player or any others I have. They say they can not decompress the file.. So maybe someone can help me out on what I am NOT doing.. I know this works for others so I am in hopes of finding a salution. Thanks for any and all help..

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

3. gromkov

gromkov Member

4. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

5. Rathi

Rathi Member

Thx guys for posting all those players! I can use 'em!
    While I'm rather new at this stuff as well, I have found that some movies from Kazaa are just BS. Plain out, just don't work. I guess some people find it fun to record an hour of blank frames, and post 'em as a movie..... :D
    Just wanted to add that, cuz I normally only use Kazaa for mp3's, but I really wanted this one movie, downloaded it 4 times.. same results no matter what the player.. Blanks!

6. Dela

Actually it would be recording industries which have fun with blank files!. Download edonkey2000 and use http://www.sharereactor.com to download because all the files on it are checked and legit!

7. Ostar

Ostar Guest

Its really simple. Assuming you're using a Windows based OS, just right click on the file name, and click on Properties. Then click on Preview.

The message appearing will be somewhat like.. Cannot display preview, missing codec vids:xxxx . The xxxx stands for the name of the codec, for example div4, or div3, or mpg4, etc. Thats the codec you need to download and install. Go to download.com, and download it from there.

8. Nessa

Nessa Member

Thanks for all the suggestion. Sad thing is I download all of the above and all the decompressers say that they will not run with my windows. I think maybe it is the movie and not my comp

9. Gnilaw

Gnilaw Guest

To check partly downloaded files there is an other option:
    Use DATVIEW to extract the data
    Use DIVFIX to Rebuild the index
    now you have a part of the original video and you can check if the quality for you is right.
    In my search for usable codecs i found the
    ACE Mega Codecs pack, its great, it comes with ZOOMPLAYER, the best player i've seen so far, and have'n found a movie i couldn't play

10. Gnilaw

Gnilaw Guest

Another tip:
    Use startup files or better called: sig2dat files:
    for more info: www.fasttrackmovies.com

enjoy

11. Dela

VirtualDUB will read the .dat file, just make sure that you make a backup copy of it in case it decides to fix something strange to it and corrupts the download!

12. justholli

justholli Guest

thank you i been looking for information on what to install to play movies. i download from kazaa as well and play them in media player. no one will answer my questions but thanks for postin this.

13. Dela

What are you're questions

14. Tengs23

Tengs23 Guest

i read above that some movies are just fakes. at first my windows media player wouldn't play my file because "no decompressor could be found". So i found the FourCC and downloaded every codec under the sun. Now it acts like it is playing (the time ticks away and the scroll bar moves, but the screen remains blank. I've downloaded the movie 3 times (using different files from KaZaa) and still it does this, any ideas?! THANKS!

15. Dela

16. jessir

jessir Guest

If you use Kazaa to download movies, and don`t whant all the fake crape use this side to check
    if it is the real movie, the side also give you information about the qvaliti.. a very good page.. try this www.fasttrackmovies.com
    enjoy P2P software they are here to stay..when the industri fight us we fight back...

17. bang

bang Member

Take note, Kazaa and Morpheus don't always download the file properly(especially with split downloading). This may be the reason the movies don't work, not because of codecs etc.

18. Dela

Well said bang. PPL stick to edonkey which can actually fix up problems that come with downloading and use Direct Connect because its much better and much more reliable!

19. arshan

arshan Member

guys, i am not good with computers, i downloaded this movie from imesh and the thing is that i couldn't play it. so i downloaded virtualdub, then i couldn't open and i got the error message that i need "vfw compatible codec". so i downloaded the ra-codec and also divx502, but i still cant play. i splitted the file using the virtualdub, and when i play it with any kind of player i have no audio or video. then i tried to download divx_311alpha but i got the message that this file had not been tested for compatibility for windows xp, so i stopped the installation. please help me out. thanx

Last edited: Dec 15, 2002
  20. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

I've had this same problem on Kazaa a number of times. The first Lord of the Rings was a nightmare to get,and most recently the film 8 Mile.
    It seems to me that they are bogus files so I just delete them and make sure I dont d/l the same filesize again. I'm able to delete & redownload cos of broadband, I DO feel for 56k users tho.
    I agree with whoever mentioned Kazaa-Lite
    It's much better to not have flashing ads!: )-
    I am able to watch virtually everything by having 2 codecs, the 1st is the previously mentioned 502 bundle and the other is available via Kazaa(Lite) - hit the software tab then Artist:Gej <--

P.S. I do grab [tmd] sometimes as they are on the scene pretty quickly with but the audio is atrocious.
    I prefer to wait until there is a {share reactor} DVD Rip available.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2002