1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kazaa Movies to CD-R

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by aliahmed, Jun 2, 2002.

1. aliahmed

aliahmed Member

I got a DivX movie from Kazaa (File-Sharing Program) and I have Easy CD Creator 4. Can I drag the movie file into Easy CD Creator 4 and make it a Data CD. If i do will it still work?
    If it won't please tell me how to make a downloaded DivX movie a playable VCD.

Or you can tell me how to make a DivX movie playable only on my computer. Either way I don't Care.

Also I'm trying to get the movie burnt on only 1 CD-R Disc.

Thanks in advance

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

If you want to have it on 1 CD, DivX is the only reasonable way.

To play it, install latest DivX 5.0 codec, which can be found from our software archive (use our search at http://www.afterdawn.com/search/ ) and simply use Windows Media Player to watch the clip.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2002
  3. jarhead86

jarhead86 Member

i have a divx that i want to burn onto a vcd. But ive heard that cd-r vcd's only hold about 70-75 minutes of video. How can I split up a divx into 2 or 3 segments to burn on multiple vcd's. Is there software for that?

4. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Yeah, you need to re-encode the video first to MPEG-1 (which is the format VCD uses) -- this, as all conversions, will drop the video quality. Then you simply split the video into 74min chunks. We have a guide how to convert a DivX clip to VCD (and add subtitles if you wish) as well as guides how to burn VCDs and split VCD files, all can be found from here:

http://www.afterdawn.com/articles/