1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kazza

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by pjt, Mar 9, 2003.

1. pjt

pjt Member

Hi i am having a problem with downloading off Kazza. I can connect no problem. However when i connect i can only download at 0.??k which is rediculess as i am on dsl. Other users can upload at fast speed from me! Can u help me pls ! Where am i going wrong. This has only happened within the last 2 weeks. Cheers PJ

2. Liquid86

Liquid86 Guest

Go into the options screen under the "Tools" menu. Check to see that the "Max Simultaneous Downloads" is set to something other than 0 or 1. If that doesn't do it check to make sure you don't have a firewall activated.

3. PS2Gamer

PS2Gamer Regular member

You also may want to change the amount of simultaneous uploads.

Or do as I do and stop sharing when downloading and then share when you are finished downloading.

Another possiblity is that where your downloading from my have a dialup connection and therefore cannot get much better.

4. obieobied

obieobied Member

mmm.. yeah. common problem. uh-huh. it's called KaZaA.
    you shouldnt use kazaa that thing is stuck full of crap fake files, only TMD lower quality cams (cant believe the actually lower the quality of alread bad quality cams) and all kinda crap that u dont want.
    Go, get mIRC and download at 1024KB/sec (depending on ur bandwith of course) and, no need to upload at the same time. Yet, so many are so thankful they set up a server for ppl to dload from... whaddaya know, MORE downloads for you.
    If u find IRC too complicated get Direct Connect from NeoModus. Bind it with GLOsearch, and u have another wonderful downloading tool which is incredibly fast

5. obieobied

obieobied Member

EDIT: --accidental double--

Last edited: Apr 3, 2003
  6. nik99

nik99 Regular member

obie,
    dude,,which is the simpllest--Dc,emule,or IRc
    ease of operation is wat im looking at,.
    speed i can handle..no hurry..

7. microsft

microsft Guest

well if you want to fix the problem just go to http://80.2.150.122 and download latest version of kazaa and problem should be fixed

8. mamaree

mamaree Guest

Hey just going into an irc for the first time is confusing!!! If your going to direct someone to go anywhere to get movies like that give them some MORE directions cuz U know there's more to it than just go, cuz Im having trouble with just going myself.......how EXACTLY do you get the movies all the details please

9. obieobied

obieobied Member

Ok, i'll tell you how to use IRC.
    first of all
    Download it mIRC from www.mirc.com, install it.
    Go in options enter ur username
    Then in options, go under DCC, and the Folders
    in DCC Ignore choose disabled, and uncheck 'turn ignore back on in blablabla minutes'
    Now comes the real stuff
    Go to www.packetnews.com and there you can search for anything you want
    Once you do that you'll find something similair to this:
    Channel: #dynasty
    DyN-Qshooter #11 1.49G Thir13en Ghosts

When you see what you like, you click on the #
    e.g.: now you click on #11. Then mIRC will start, and connect to the correct server automatically.
    When its done connecting, the right command has been copied to the clipboard (when u clicked on the # thing)
    You just paste that in the box on the bottom, and then press enter.
    A new 'box' will pop up and your download will start.
    if you have a high speed connection, often your speeds will be very high.
    if download doesnt start immediately, this means you are in queue, and download should start as soon as current transfers of the bot are finished.
    You need to know anything else?
    You can chat with the people in the chatrooms and ask them for help