1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keeping DTS-MA/Dolby TrueHD with Ripbot

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by desifer, Dec 26, 2008.

1. desifer

desifer Member

Hi,

I tried ripped a blu-ray movie to my hard drive by using tsmuxer to demux the video and audio. When i demux the audio it is around 3.7 gb. When I use ripbot to convert to blu-ray it extracts the core to 1.6gb, same thing when i try to keep dolby truehd with another rip. Now my question is how can i keep the original audio track without having to extract the core. I want the full DTS-MA, and is it even possible? I'm using the lastest version of both tsmuxer and Ripbot264.
    Thanks

2. jhuk2008

jhuk2008 Member

I rip to AVCHD is that what your doing?

This is what i do. As you dont say what you are converting to it may not "fully" apply but it may put you in the correct direction.

Its not the fastest way to rip but it seems to work very well and does not involve alot of software.

1. Run latest AnyDVDHD

2. Insert HDDVD/BLU Ray (both work)

3. Run RIPBOT (installed with all requirements)

4. Select Add and under video browse directly to the video file on the HD media. As you have Any DVD running there is no need to rip to Hard Drive first. RIPBOT will automatically select the full movie even if it is split over several files(EG, HD DVD), provided you select the first file in the playlist sequence.

5. When the movie has been analysed it gives you the audio (and other) options. Select TruHD or whatever. (I usually deselect Subs here too)

6. RIPBOT will demux the movie, this takes some time (no need for TSMUXER tho)

7. Aventually you get to the screen where you select the encoding options. Select the options and output formt you want. under audio select x.x.STREAM COPY.x.x to use the exact audio from the HD Media used.

8. Let RIPBOT encode the video and do its stuff!

Thats about it, If your doing a AVCHD turn AnyDVD off and burn with IMGburn @ UDF 2.5.

Hope it helps!

3. desifer

desifer Member

Thanks for the reply. I tried using ripbot to demux as well, and it still downconverts. It took the TrueHD and downconverted it to ac3 640kbs. Maybe it can't be done?
    Thanks

4. jhuk2008

jhuk2008 Member

When you get to the encode options (stage 7) you should be able to select STREAM COPY instead of AC3. Just click the little arrow to the right of the profile for audio.

Unless you mean the TrueHD was actually lost during the demux stage?

Anyway i will have a look at this when i get chance and see if it is possible.

5. domie

domie Member

I find that the latest versions of ripbot convert dts hd-ma and true hd to LPCM even when I select copy stream - not sure why it is doing this.