1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

keyboard text repeating

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by neilcolt, Dec 7, 2012.

1. neilcolt

neilcolt Regular member

2. neilcolt

neilcolt Regular member

Hi sorry about the blank text in my first message.Basically I am repairing a friends pc that has just suffered the "ukash" virus and he has usb keyboard and mouse connections on his pc ,where i use ps2 connections keyboard and mouse.I was using the keyboard lastnight ok with a ps2-usb convertor,but this morning turning the pc on when i write a a piece of text,eg the letter L,i get LLL.I have looked in keyboard settings but cannot see anything apparent.
    Its a nightmare trying to use this keyboard however it was working ok lastnight.

Is there any settings in windows that would cause the text to treble or could it just be a driver problem.

Help appreciated and sorry about the blank box above.

NeilC

3. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

You can try un-installing the keyboard with the device manager then shut off the computer then turn it back on and see if it corrects the problem.It should re-install the driver for the keyboard when you turn it back on.

4. neilcolt

neilcolt Regular member

Thanks for that,it worked a treat.Its quite strange though as it was worked lastnight fine.

Job done,help appreciated.

NeilC

5. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

Your welcome no problem.Glad everything worked out for you.