1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Know anything about these hp CD-Rs?

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by NeilMcRae, Aug 24, 2004.

1. NeilMcRae

NeilMcRae Member

hi,

I have some hp CD-Rs that I bought some time ago and I was just wondering if anyone still sells them or if hp even still makes them? I searched in stores around my area and I searched on the net but couldn't find much. If anyone still sells them, I'm in no hurry to buy them because I still got some of these disks left. Here are what the disks look like:

Front views:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Back view:

[​IMG]

Thank you for any info you are able to give me.
    -Neil

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

3. fpelayo

fpelayo Member

Those look the same as my 16X HPs that are made in Japan. CDR Info v1.19 says mine are Taiyo Yuden type-1.

4. Nephilim

Taiyo Yuden is quality :)

5. NeilMcRae

NeilMcRae Member

Okay, I downloaded CDR Identifier and then ran one of the disks through there and found that their actual manufacture is Taiyo Yuden Company Ltd. I then searched for "Taiyo Yuden Company Ltd" on the internet and found that the Part Number for these disks is "C7991A" without the quotes so I then searched for Part Number "C7991A" and found this following site where you can still buy the disks:
    http://www.ambry.com/page/non_reseller_part_number_results.asp?partnumber=C7991A
    That was the only site I could find in the U.S. that still sells these disks and I couldn't find any in Canada. I don't want to buy these disks from England or from the U.K. because since I live in Canada the U.S. would be closest for me.

6. Nephilim

I don't know of anywhere in N. America that sells HP branded Taiyo Yudens but I can tell you that any TY CDR that you buy will be of the same high quality. There should be plenty of e-tailers that carry TY in Canada :)