1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Korn new single 'Word up'

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by brettles, Aug 13, 2004.

1. brettles

brettles Guest

If you guys hav heard this u will notice that it is not your typical korn song. this is a cover of the 80's hit, the song it self has grown on me , but i just hope to hell there new stuff is not like this

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

new stuff? I heard there greatest hits is next and thats probably it then?

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I like the old 80's song "Word Up" and I like Korn but I'm not too sure about the two together :p

After their second album it all seemed kind of "samey" to me.

4. Dela

Yep, the first 2 albums were great, after that, they had like, pretty good albums but not standing out like they used to.

5. brettles

brettles Guest

when korn release there greatest hits they will release it with new material. im not saying i dont like the covers they are doin.eg Another brick in the wall. that was great, but its not korn. they said they were getting back to there root, this is something ive not heard before its "korn pop" but they still rock..korn4life all there albums are as good as when they came out

6. Dela

Ah ye I always liketo hear a new korn album, but I gotta say i did prefer life is peachy and self titled to the rest of their albums, by far!

7. brettles

brettles Guest

i gotta agree i liked to hear old skool korn , i was happy when they re-released my gift to you and alive, but the originals r better,they shold do that with a whole album like release the stuff they use to do in 93' my fav song from that era is 'broken soul' but i think if they wanna get to the way they used to sound . less effects..

8. Dela

ye their old shit was amazing eh :) ill check out the new single whenever i think about it lol

9. Nephilim

I have to say that their self titled album was phenomenal and it's one I still listen to quite often.

You fellas ever check out Deftones? Great stuff to go with Korn :)

10. brettles

brettles Guest

deftones, deftones, mate they have like 10 really good songs thatt aint sayin much.my own summer is my fav song of theres. there new album is crap ive heard there single yer its not bad but it aint no Y'all wanna single

11. Nephilim

To be quite honest I've not listened to any of their albums past the first one so I guess my cheers were for the first one :p

12. Nephilim

Very few bands hold my interest past their first (and usually best) album.

13. Dela

Deftones rule :) You have to listen to deftones :)

14. brettles

brettles Guest

actually i hav 3 of there albums ' around the fur, adrenalin , white pony. n as i said b4 they only hav like 10 really good songs. hav u guys heard of a band called 'Mindless Self Indulgence' they r all right real original sound.

15. Nephilim

Mindless Self-Indulgence, eh? They will be on my "check them out" list.

Don't know if you fellas have heard of them or not but I'm a rabid fan of Clutch. They've got a great style and sound and totally kick ass. I've seen them live five times and still can't get enough of them :)

16. Dela

I've never heard of Clutch but will be sure to check em out neph :)

Can I ask the both of you on your opinions on Slipknot - Vol.3 The Subliminal Verses?

Personally I think its great, lot of experiementing going on but the songs just rock, three nil, duality, opium of the people, pulse of the maggots, vermillion pt.2 (acoustic), the virus of life and danger keep away :)

17. Nephilim

I know of Slipknot but I haven't actually listened to that album. Pretty good stuff eh?

Except for copious amounts of indie music, I haven't bought or listened to "mainstream" music for several years now.

I really should leave my house every now and again..........

18. Dela

ye I like the album a lot :) the talent is just amazing, joey's drum solo live in london (disasterpieces) rocks, any drummer should check it out!

19. brettles

brettles Guest

yer i really like the new knot album. but when i first heard it i didnt like it but the morew i did the more i liked it. like the new sound, dont no if alot of there fans will like the less aggressiveness of the songs. but i really hope that ths is not there last album. joey's solo rips. i can say best metal drummer out

20. Dela

Ye the album is a lot less agressive, i mean the songs, circle, vermillion pt.2 and danger keep away are note 1 bit heavy at all! But hey, their first and second albums were fairly different too. So its good to see a band sort of "evolve".