1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KoRn Rule!!!!

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Dela, Dec 29, 2002.

1. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

I do agree with the sheep comment, most people are. I am not, thus why I use the Web id Prisoner. Being a prisoner of society is not a good thing and falling against the crowed and being "unmutual" is what I do best. New thoughts and Ideas are good. Have nothing against Johnathan Davis, other stuff may be good. Look at Trent Resoner (sp?) Nine inch nails I like, but he has over 50 groups! And some really suck. Revolting Cocks isn't too bad. But the sheep think would expain bang comments.

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

lol, trust me korn arent my only favourite band!! Slayer, Metallica, Rammstein, slipknot and a lot more kinda top my list of things at the moment!

3. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

T2K- that first demo from korn is really a mixture of their pre-produced stuff and more from jon's first band called sex art. kinda weird i think, like blind when they first did it kinda sucked IMO. when they finally got a producer that knew what he was doing, thats when they started to sound good. they've lacked in heaviness the last couple of albums, prolly due to record label BS. but still a great band.

4. Dela

They are in studio now recording their 6th studio album (well 7th if you could "a bunch of rarities:is this legal?" as one!). Hopefully they will be nice and heavy on this one!

5. darthnip

when i saw the first family values tour it rocked, but last year they kinda sucked. it's amazing how almost every band falls into the record label's "make it sellable" trap. i remember when they made the song #&%@!* on the 2nd album just so the radio stations couldn't play it, now it's like all they want to do is get more and more airplay. thats good from the record company's view, but it kinda looses that whole karma that originally made the band cool. i'm very curious to see what the new album will be like (album?)

Dela - how can you put slayer and ,etallica in the same sentance?!?! oh yeah, i forget, i saw slayer for the first time in 86, anything after south of heaven just aint the same slayer to me. man you weren't even born yet were you? damn i'm just too old. for a good time, throw on hell awaits and play it all the way thru - THATS real slayer.__X_X_X_X_X_[small]Darthnip
    Too bad you can't buy a voodoo globe so that you could make the earth spin real fast and freak everybody out.

[/small]

Last edited: May 22, 2003
  6. Dela

I was born in 86, so since i wasnt a big fan then i cant listen to them now?? lol. and what u mean how could i put slayer and metallica in the same sentence?

7. darthnip

of course you can!! the more the merrier!! but alot of youngsters that like music today have no clue how good the heavy scene was back then. metallica sucks compared to slayer IMO, they got all wimpy and quit putting time into the music writing after cliff died, i think he was their heavy backbone, then they just wanted to sell records. anything before master of puppets is cool, but after that they got all blaahhh. I've managed to convert alot of my old heavy stuff to mp3 (stuff that was never on cd), i need to hook you up sometime so you can dig what us "old guys" were digging when you were in diapers. (dont think i'm picking on ya because yer a youngster, you know that i know you gots the brains buddy) (but it's still fun to poke at ya once in a while. go ahead, tell me to take my pills and go get my wheelchair lubed or something lol)_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Darthnip
    Too bad you can't buy a voodoo globe so that you could make the earth spin real fast and freak everybody out.

[/small]

Last edited: May 22, 2003
  8. Dela

Actually man i've already heard metallica's most rare stuff from a cousin of mine! So no need for you to hook me up on that! I agree that some youngster AHEMM AHEMM SKATERS AHEMM AHEEMM dont have a clue what real rock music is and when they hear KoRn they think its really heavy when really they have no idea how much more heavier stuff exists! But rock music changes all the time and whats around now is around now i guess.

I agree that cliff burton was Metallica, simple as that (actually died just 4 days before i was born i think!). Kill em all, Ride The Lightening and Master of Puppets were by far their best stuff, and maybe and justice for all and the black album, but load reload and garage inc were just terrible IMO!

9. darthnip

i knew i liked you for a reason! dude i skate still, i was at the chicago blowout in 86, me skate big board, old school. our freakin skatepark just burnt down a while back, good thing there's a sweet little concrete park in Indy. long live cliff B.

10. Dela

Long live cliff burton is right, may have been the best basist in the world, who knows??

I'm not slamming skating man, im slammer those ppl who have just come out of nowhere mainly in europe and call emselves sk8ers lol!

11. darthnip

yeah i've seen it a hundred times. usually when me and the other old timers hit the ramps, the kiddies just sit back and let their jaws drop as i hit a 8 foot backside air tweaked out and just plain sick looking. new schoolers are all into flips and stuff with their little skinny boards, not me buddy, big air, big style, thats how we ride. to many kids just get their moms to buy them a board and viola! "instant skater".
    yeah cliff was smooth, i would have loved to see him and les claypool go at it in a bass duel. i think les is about the best i've ever seen nowadays.

12. Dela

That's exactly my point on the sk8ers man! lol

13. darthnip

yeah it sucks, it kinda kills the scene when that happens. luckily, i'm old enough, and old school enough to where i can just laugh at em.

14. Dela

Well, thas cool!

15. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Its hard to find old skaters. I can`t remember when I started, but Police Academy 4 came out in my second year in. That I think dates me, in the first major skate scene. I haven`t touched a board since I was in a BMX acident, lost a chunk of my knee cap. Still can ride (Mountain bike), but can`t do any of the good old tricks. It seems like a lot of skaters now (atleast in Toronto) just like stair and high drops. I always like the high air on the half pike or tube riding in large concrete tubes. Similar to what people did in Swimming pools, we never had skate parks, we just got creative.

Metalica`s best I thought was A Justice for all. Black (self titled not bad), but if you want laud then you want Death Metal. Groups off the top of my head are Suffication, Witchcraft and Obsidian. The best heavy stuf is Industial, but Death and Black metal are also good.

16. Dela

And Justice For All I have to agree was a great album. Black was ok, Master of Puppets was excellent too!!

17. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Finally watched Queen of the Damned. I must say it was good. All bad comments should not be directed to Johnathan Davis, but to the chezzy filming. So not a big Korn fan but Queen of the Damned was good.

AC/DC rocks and there concert (I don't aknoledge the Stones) was amazing in Toronto.

18. Dela

Check out the soundtrack! :)

19. T2K

T2K Guest

I hate to say this but the soundtrack suked.. no swear words and all the songs form the movie are redone by other artists..jonathan davis is not in the album :(

20. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

I did find it really funny that the Korn band members where not in the film. I wonder if that leads to the release of a Johnathan Davis only stuff soon. Johnathan Davis did the Soundtrack, I guess he didn't want to star on it.