1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kreon for XBox 1

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Sustars, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Sustars

Sustars Member

Hi Folks. First time poster. I have an xbox 360, the 162C which is flashed with Kreon. I've had no problems backing up my Xbox 360 games with xbox backup software and using them. Everything on that end works great. However, given that the new Xbox 360 software mods are making it mandatory for stealth patches to be there, will the kreon backups work with that firmware? I haven't updated my firmware since Sept 2006 as there hasn't been a need. I'm wondering if I should update it, or if it is fine the way it is.

A second question: I've searched through most of the threads I could find and these are the conclusions I've come to.

1. Drives with xbox backup software/kreon firmware can be used to backup xbox 1 games
    2. xbox 1 games will work on xbox 360

Now my question is, will games using the kreon/xbox backup method to simply backup and burn work on a firmware modded 360. I appologize if the answer is out there, but I've searched and been unable to find it.

Thanks!

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Not sure if the 360 software will do the Xbox games, but if you use the normal method for copying the games for Xbox 1, then they will work on 360!

3. Sustars

Sustars Member

So I answered my own question. The XBC will allow you to backup Xbox 1 games in the same manner as Xbox 360 games and the burning process is the same with xbc/img/nero/cdclone etc. The only difference is that you have to have Kreon 0.81. Kreon 0.80 wouldn't work.

4. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Huh???

I'll clarify...

I'm not sure if you can copy the Xbox 1 games like you would with the 360 games!

To copy Xbox 1 games, you need to insert the disc into the Xbox, FTP the files across the network to your PC, rebuild them with Qwix, etc, then burn with Nero.

I'm not sure if you can copy them on a PC alone!