1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kryptview 190308 Firmware Fix For Ireland.

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by sc0user, Mar 19, 2009.

1. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Is now in Eamos, as my Krypt has been passed on I could not test, but from what I have been told it works.

As I mentioned on one of the MANY Nagra 3 threads, that Ireland was not entirely Nag 3 just yet but was multicrypt N2/N3. This has an N2 fix that will get all channels back until a full migration to N3 is complete.

Could someone please try it out and let us know how they get on. Now as I kick myself but I did send it to someone who was badly stuck at the time ;) But have to say as has been said time and time again the Kryptview has to be the best supported closed source box on the market. Thanks to the guys behind it.

*Rushes off to get another one* :)

2. troutalan

troutalan Regular member

Flashed my Kryptview with this latest fix and works better than ever. Only different menu set up but much better reception. Set it up in my father in laws and he swears by it.. Its a shame it won't be in use for much longer as it really is one of the best cheap ranged boxes to come on to the market.

3. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Yes I knew the CAS menu had changed as it had done so on the last release which was only less than a week ago 130309. But what I was asking was are you in Ireland and has the 190309 firmware got channels back for you?

EDIT: Ferg has trialled it and its 100% so good enough for me, jobs a good un :)

Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
  4. faolteam

faolteam Regular member

will this firmware work on the box 2, and get the channels back that are lost i live ireland

5. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

No it is only for the Kryptview boxes both new and old models. Hence why I named the thread Krytpview :)

6. cactikid

cactikid Active member

do u expect people to read the thread title,does it do this or that lol.

7. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

I can only but try, if I said it was The Box 2 firmware I could understand :( I am sure others will come soon enough.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
  8. faolteam

faolteam Regular member

lads i only asked a question no need to discourage people who are not as clever as u, from asking a question we all have to learn

9. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

My apologies if I offended you as I am always well mannered and never try to be condescending or even appear to be . But honestly its not about been clever its all in the thread title :)

10. tomed

tomed Member

Hi Scouser

So does that mean it's likely to be possible for a fix for the starview too then if you've cracked it with the kryptview?

Thanks
    Tom

11. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Wasn't me by a longshot :) Cannot say but I am sure something similar could be incorporated but that's entirely up to whoever looks after that fix ;)

Remember what I said it an N2 patch and as such not a fix for N3. But should keep channels up during the N2 to N3 change over.

12. troutalan

troutalan Regular member

Apologies scouser, was late last night and didn't realise there was a 19/03/09 fix was thinking of the recent one.. will be checking later and will update you as soon as. regards

13. troutalan

troutalan Regular member

Hi scouser, just to let you know i flashed with 19/03/09 firmware for kryptview arnet and all stations back fully for now in dublin N*L area. cheers for the heads up. Do you reckon this might be a start for other boxes to follow.

14. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Lets see how long it takes the LINUX boxes to get a fix supposed to be the only box that can handle the new encryption thats a joke

If that was the case they should have been first with a fix for their boxes what does this tell you the last time the boxes where down they where no where to be seen either kryptview was first on all occasions to have a fix in place before any other cable and LINUX box

And a quote from another famous Linux site which makes me wonder where all these great fixers are and still not fixed LOL

15. hill16

hill16 Regular member

probably a stupid question i know but when you say linux do you mean evox and starview boxes

16. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

no mate them boxes are non linux boxes

cable boxes non linux

Kryptview
    starview
    eurovox
    digivox
    ddigital
    replay lite

linux boxes are below

dbox
    dreambox
    itgate

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2009
  17. hill16

hill16 Regular member

thanks fergus, every day is a school day

18. faolteam

faolteam Regular member

its cool scouser. i know ur well mannered and valued member

19. cathaldub

cathaldub Regular member

Cool, unfortunately I know no one with a kryptview box, but hopefully the digivox and eurovox fixes will be out soon

20. dexsan

dexsan Member

can confirm new fix for kryptview 100% working all channels working so n3 is not in ireland yet.support for kryptview has always been there ugly box but great support. heard the new one isnt as ugly.