1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kryptview 190308 Firmware Fix For Ireland.

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by sc0user, Mar 19, 2009.

1. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Yep know the feeling :) Right cmon Ireland I am off for a bit Noel ;)

2. noelyf

noelyf Regular member

cya later, enjoy the game :)

3. dubdave

dubdave Member

hi guys i have had a starview for 3 years now and haven,t had to do any thing to it is this channel loss looking bad i have heard we are gona lose all channels soon is this true and what are the chances of a fix for this i also need a few tips as i am gona buy a new box soon for my new boys room at d end of d garden any advice on which 1 2 go for. COME ON IRELAND

4. foxyboy

foxyboy Regular member

do you think kryptview can cope with nag3 then?

5. ciskz

ciskz Guest

Dost matter if there is no Hack for N3, but in theory most likely.

6. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

And who is to say they will switch to N3 at all? they are streaming it alright, but why did they bother with N2 at all?

Why waste time & effort and money on cards for N2 if it is going to change to N3? why not go direct from N1 to N3?

Remember it could be well in their interests to keep up an easily hackable system, yet appear to be trying to do something. People still have basic subs, the bulk of the premium fees probably goes to those companies running the stations.

An analogy would be me opening a nightclub and Guinness feeding in a limitless pipeline of beer which will not be monitored. Now Guinness tell me they want €2 for every pint sold and I get €0.30 profit on each one. Now if I charge €10 into my club and just turn a blind eye to people pouring free pints then I will get lots of customers only coming in to get the free beer. Doesn't bother me, I still get my €10 at the door from everybody and the honest customers still pay for pints. The real losers are Guinness, they might know I am not putting much protection in and ask me to do something about it, or else they will refuse to supply me. So I get a new security man in just to look like I am doing something.

I imagine N3 costs more than N2, I wonder if they can afford it and if it is just "on loan" at the moment. They stand to lose a massive amount of customers if they turn boxes off, people will go to sky out of spite (and better service!) or change to freesat, especially in todays economic climate.

edit: Reading more it seems the new cards are all N3, and the new DVR box was N2 and new cards should be sent out for them. But I dunno why they are not out already along with the others.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
  7. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Apologies I was off watching Ireland win the Triple Crown :)

I always see your posts and theories on encryption changes and have to save I love your analogy here, its the best one yet. Bringing drink and encryption change together is the best analogy I have seen anywhere :) But yes you are quite right to think along these lines and its appreciated that you have taken the time to do so, as you have done on many of your posts.

But honestly UPC have not taken N3 out on "loan" :) Encryption change will be carried out on this basis. UPC have done this before and are cash rich enough to do so again. N1/N2 simulcrypt has been on stream for quite a while before the introduction of N3 to the stream. An immediate change from N1 to N3 is just not viable given the fact that N3 hasn't been trialled, N2 has but people never noticed ;)

I can understand your approach of people will migrate to Sky or Freesat but not purely in spite but as you say a better service. So in these stressful economic times people may look at other alternatives. Sky is not cheap by any means. UPC have a very attractive triple play offer that wasnt available when all this was first muted, which by the way was last year, so they will maintain a hefty customer base. I have always paid subs as have many others so its not a major financial outlay after all to look at alternates, we have all saved thousands over the years.

But I will say N3 is inevitable and dont ask me why I know I just do is all I can say. But I will also say that there is no reason to give up either just because N3 has proved to be a problem either ;)

I have been around for quite a while and have seen the ups and downs in this hobby. But lets also remember it is a business also. Yes there is commercials involved after all we are talking about very expensive kit to really properly look into these cards, and there are labs already doing so. Large commercial hacks I dont necessarily have a problem with that's also inevitable. A commercial hack is usually hacked by the hobbyist community so the hack becomes hacked :)

Commercial hackers also sell on to manufacturers that provide emus for their equipment.Look at Diablo they bought the Conax hack.

Nothing has changed, things may have become a bit harder. There are alternates as I said CS, CAMs, cards, IKS, or whatever you like. Its all fun as its a hobby. But people need to see its just that otherwise you become commercial and lose perspective.

All this I could have done via pm but your analogy intrigued me as said drink and encryption together bring back the good ole days :)

EDIT: Apologies my spelling was dreadful :)

Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
  8. foxyboy

foxyboy Regular member

head still spinning after those 2 txts, but get the gist, wait and see what the future holds ,

9. troutalan

troutalan Regular member

Theoretically, can this kryptview (makeshift fix)be replicated for use on the Eurovox max or 1000sl as it would be great to have full channels untill the full migration. Is it in the pipeline or is it true as I read on a previous thread that the Eurovox lab has closed down. Don't wish to comment on rumour so could somebody shed some light. Cheers guys

10. faolteam

faolteam Regular member

will a Kryptview work in spain ????

11. Viewer

Viewer Member

Well done ruprect and ScOuser.
    You have clarified a lot of issues that had me
    baffled, and made the current situation more understandable.

12. barts2

barts2 Regular member

hopefully a fix will cum out over next couple of weeks for starview boxes me phone is hoppin since channels went lol good work lads only for ye we'd be all handin out sky a fortune clap clap oh IRELAND GRANDSLAM WINNERS WOOHOOOO LOL

13. Viewer

Viewer Member

Not forgetting good old Bernard!

14. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

Goes hand in hand with the boxes, since the majority of people get their info from "the bloke in the pub" ;)

Yes, my edit was about the N3 cards being sent out, which I then remembered were definitely recognised as N3 cards. But on the info channel there is no mention of the other boxes which still have N2. I wonder how long before the N2 streams are turned off. Thanks for your reply, some very interesting points.

15. axxxo

axxxo Regular member

congrats to the author and team an all you "hobbyists" ;) keep up the good work!!!

16. faolteam

faolteam Regular member

hi scouser tell me this will Kryptview work in spain

17. linny40

linny40 Regular member

ruprect that made a lot of sense to me! i to love your analogy, makes people like me understand it a lot better as its simple.

But hey thanks to you and Sc0user for your input.

Im just sitting here reading and waiting to see what the future holds.But then being in the UK its a looooooooong wait so ill sit back and relax.
    Good thing is im thinking of getting another box and looks like this one is gonna be the one for me

18. dub12dave

dub12dave Regular member

Just got a kryptview and I would like to know the following, on a eurovox I can manually input codes by pressing menu language 1968 1968 or menu yellow button, starview menu 1570 and into nagravision to see the keys can something similar be done on krytpview box. thanking you in advance.

19. linny40

linny40 Regular member

im sure there must be a way to do it. have you got a pass code to get into the screen thats similar to the SV and EV boxes. did your box comes with instructions - if so then surley the code should be in there to show you how to set it up.
    But id be interested to know

20. cathaldub

cathaldub Regular member

A quick google
    Manual Key Entry: Tune to channel 6001 by directly typing it in on the remote.