1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

kryptview a780 itv and channel 4

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by maximlfc, Jan 17, 2011.

1. omendata

omendata Regular member

Beginning to think it was a good idea to wait - scifi is my fave channel.
    Glad I didnt take the plunge and waste £150.

Never had all these problems with the old boxes.
    Looks like a sub is probably the best way to go these days!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  2. libbo2003

libbo2003 Regular member

TBH I have no real problems with my krypt it works fine the 2 channels I cant get I can get on freeview. Im just curious why I cant pick up them channels. Its still a better option then paying for a sub!!

3. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

people were told that at the start these boxs will have issues due to the nature of how they work, Cable provider, your internet connection and router, your cabling in the house, a server, the magic at the other end which connects to the server, so either one can effect your viewing, where before it was the cable provider and your own connection to it, to put it bluntly, if your missing one or two chans out of how many? you have little to be moaning about in my book,

The irish punters have had nowt working and are paying subs or Sky for their viewing, I would rather suffer the loss of a few chans than pay for either option. Unless ya have more money than sense and no patience to go with it,

The days of plug and play are gone, get used to or, like I said before, you will be on here every week moaning about 1 chan not working, which always come back,

Just be lucky you dont own a SV, then you will know what missing chans or glitching is like

4. hoopy77

hoopy77 Member

I am missing the exact same channels as well as Itv+1

I have never recieved them as far as I can remember. No big deal but would like to know why. I am in surrey so I'm sure this is a problem at kryptviews end. I have a friend in the next street who os also missing these channels.

5. sb18180

sb18180 Regular member

most of my channels have gone again today disney ect anyone else having problems today?

6. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

have you checked your provider website for outages firstly? did you reset the router? did you leave the box on powerscan for 30 mins?

7. sb18180

sb18180 Regular member

yeh did all that its been off on on for a couple of days now just left with a few freebee channels and all the sports/movie chans.the channels are there with sig of 77 q of 82 but just comming up scrambled/no videothey came back on again last night but off again today.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  8. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

then its the srv i would imagine, prob a issue down the line, if you done all the above and made sure your cables are in good order, then its the srv or your cable provider having issues

9. e45

e45 Regular member

Your Spot on there in the Uk they have roughly 400+ channels Ireland has 143 at best in the Uk they pay a fraction of what it cost in ireland for a full sub €90 euro for full sub in Ireland for what 143 channels the uk at best pay a third of that and get over 400 channels and the moan about a couple of missing channels go to Ireland and then you will have something to moan about

10. sb18180

sb18180 Regular member

most channels working again now must of been a svr issue.

11. omendata

omendata Regular member

Always a srv issue.

Either that or stupid user who wont listen or read the stickies and do a stepwise check before they post to get spoonfed the same over and over again by E45 Or Mickah!

"moan about a couple of missing channels go to Ireland and then you will have something to moan about"

That last bit says it all!!!
    Stop moaning and just get used to it!

12. sb18180

sb18180 Regular member

you are wrong about always svr error.there are a number of factors that can and do go wrong from cables,faulty boxes,internet connections to vermin outages!i was making sure i had not recieved a faulty box and that others were having the same missing channels issue and dont worry i always go through the usual checks before posting on the forum.bare in mind that this new system is strange to alot of us now its not a case of plug and play and simply by posting missing channel problems it alerts other users and puts their mind at rest its nothing wrong at their end.you may think that stupid but its good to share and fix problems no matter how stupid you think the problem was to you!!other sites got wind of svr problems but it was not reported on this site for some reason.

13. EAMO_TOO

EAMO_TOO Regular member

Think I posted yesterday there were server problems. You are correct sb, always post problems
    to make others aware. A lot of members here delight in posting SV problems but fail to hilite
    any probs with KV boxes

14. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

I personally dont take delight in posting any problems, either SV or Krypt as its the punter with loss of the service, but as I say, this now the nature of the beast with these boxs, people need to take this on board and realize it, you will have probs more often than not, some more than others as we have seen with SV,

but if folk do the necessary steps firstly, check cables,check router cables or homeplugs if using em, router on and off, check provider site for outages, then by all means post with all the info, clear and concise info, not the "Box not working" posts we see, but the majority dont, they knee jerk at the first sign of a chan missing or freezing etc etc,

Simple steps which will educate them to their set up and what can and does go wrong with these boxs, once ya do that and have eliminated the usual suspects, by all means share the issue and let others know

15. libbo2003

libbo2003 Regular member

Have to agree with most of your valid points on here, do fault find your self first. My problem with missing channels has been a problem for me since b4 xmas. Strange problem because everything else is fine and i'm very happy with my kypts performance todate. These forums are a great help for novices like me to get good infomation on.Plus I bet all of you people on here that help us would like to find out whats is the cause of this minor problem I have with my box??

16. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

its a strange one Libbo, all it takes is any of the above I mention and you lose chans or miss chans or break up on chans, for me, I think its down to the providers signal weakend on those particular TP (freqs) or from the srv side, where they havent updated their end, but if your missng the actual chans themselves, this points to the provider side as your box tunes them chans, not the srv, so something is a miss,

for pig Iron, did you try a scan on a different Net Id yet? Just to see if this works perhaps? or perhaps you moved to a different net id, done by the provider, which the krypt wont pick up? Again just trying different options

17. libbo2003

libbo2003 Regular member

Mickah have tried other net ids, same channels are missing no worries mate, like I said its really just for curiosity. The krypt is doing a good job and have no complaints.

18. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

mmm, it has to be the cable provider then, cause if yer missing chans on a scan, that hasnt anything to do with the srv, srv is just clearing them chans, not providing them, as you should get them either way when you scan, sounds like a weak TP,

One last thing for shits n giggles, do you have an old box? like a old SV or sumting? If you do try a full scan on that, if that misses the chans, then you can nearly point the finger at the cable provider, rathur than the Krypt itself, worth a shot if you do have one,

19. sb18180

sb18180 Regular member

could it be possible that the missin channels are still on n2 in your area thats why the box not picking them up not sure if these boxes would pick up a n2 channel on a scan. just a thought,but my end all channels up and runnin apart from *tv1+1

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  20. hi i have never been able to get mtv rocks, i think at one stage i did come on for about a day but that was it does anyone know how i might be able to get the channel to work?

thanks