1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kryptview Arnet Cable Receiver

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by boxyboy, Nov 14, 2007.

1. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Hi

Can you tell me what area you are in also you are missing a digit off the tp 45800 should be 6 digit number that could be your problem

2. foxyboy

foxyboy Regular member

hi ferg, in waterford, 458000,thats what i input, still no improvement with quality, sv box receiving all channels fine, i think its more to do with arnet rather than cable feed, what you think? thanks again.

3. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Did you check in the system information to see if the firmware is correct

then select your provider and leave the channel search type alone set at network

Also if you are manually inputting the freq you need to leave the network piece in place the only thing you need to change is the provider part try that

4. chris152

chris152 Member

hi i have just recieved my kryptview box and having trouble setting it up i only have the very basic channels, no sports channel no movie channels etc, can anyone help please, i like in the bristol and use telewest, please help, thanks, chris

5. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

STARTUP INSTALLATION
    PASSWORD ENTER 0000

AUTOMATIC SEARCH
    THEN PRESS THE GREEN BUTTON AND IT SHOULD START SEARCHING FOR TRANSPONDERS ALSO IF IT STOPS ON A PROVIDER OR SOMETHING LIKE

HAVING TO SELECT ONE OF THE PROVIDERS IN YELLOW AFTER YOU HAVE DONE THE GREEN BUTTON SELECT ONE OF THEM AND IF YOU GET NOTHING TRY IT AGAIN AND SELECT THE OTHER ONE THIS TIME

ALSO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE CONNECTOR CONNECTED TO THE INPUT ON THE BOX AND YOU ALSO HAVE THE SCART LEAD ON THE TV ONE AS WELL DO NOT HAVE ANY OTHER CONNECTIONS CONNECTED TO THE BOX ON SCANNING LIKE THE PROVIDERS BOX YOU NEED THE CABLE GOING DIRECT TO THE BOX NOT VIA THE CABLE COMPANYS BOX THEN INTO THIS BOX

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2008
  6. foxyboy

foxyboy Regular member

hello ferg, any news on update file for the kryptview, also when codes changed today the kryptview wasnt effected, not that im complaining but how does the box work?

7. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

I think you have the latest release which is 9/1/2008 that should be on your box now check it if not i think it is posted on the previous page

About the box that is a secret that nobody will know

8. foxyboy

foxyboy Regular member

i have the latest file on the box, info still not working, epg still hit and miss, as for 7 day tv guide, well was hoping for it to improve. any sign of these bugs being cleaned up soon.

9. jifop

jifop Member

hey all hopefully you can help me as i'm stuck, i just bought a kryptview box and it doesnt seem to work at scanning properly it crashes halfway through! so i am trying to update the firmware to see if its that, thats causing my problems, however.

i connect the supplied cable to my pc, power the box up run the loader software selecting the latest firmware, press start, RED RED POWER (on the remote) and when the box comes back on i get the message "The Downloading is not requested" Whats going on?

i have 2 com ports on my machine both are set to 15200, 8, 1, none and i get the same error if i try either on the loader software!

Whats going on?

10. ginga1

ginga1 Member

hiya,try switching box off then back on before you press start download,you should get oooo on box then green line going round and round faster and should show on pc download progress ,let us know,good luck

11. jifop

jifop Member

thanks ive tried that, tried, start red red power, start power off power on! but still get that message, tried two pcs now also

12. jifop

jifop Member

also switching it on pressing start, switching it on, waiting pressing start

13. ginga1

ginga1 Member

yeh sorry mate wait for box to boot up then start

14. jifop

jifop Member

hmm well tried that too on both the pc and laptop, power on box, get 0000, press start and i get the same error!

could i have been sent the wrong cable? it came with the box though

15. ginga1

ginga1 Member

you need rs232 cable you may just have corrupt software try download again from previous page if not work after that check com ports on pc are all working fine may be connection error,had similar problem before and was that,used a friends pc and it was fine,also check on previous page the loading technique and follow step by step,seems to be connection to me though,cable could be dud too are only cheap 1sstart affresh and restart pc before you try,good luck.

16. jifop

jifop Member

thanks for all the suggestions, i have narrowed it down slightly, i have tried to arnets now and i still get the same also i have metered out the cable and its wire fine 1-1, 2-2, 3-3, etc plus i have tried two pcs and software downloaded from different locations, i can only assume it is the pcs though!

is there any way to check the com ports? if i run mode from dosprompt i get the coms come up with the correct settings but is there anything else i can try?

17. jifop

jifop Member

that should read two arnets!

18. wiz569

wiz569 Regular member

If your cable is wired 1-1,2-2,3-3 etc its the wrong cable,thats a normal serial cable you need a null modem cable DB9

Last edited: Feb 9, 2008
  19. jifop

jifop Member

really? its the one that came with it!

Damn, guess i'll be going to maplins!

thanks

20. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Ok here is the correct procedure for putting the firmware on to the Arnet and should only be done this way and no other no matter what you have read else where

DO NOT HAVE YOUR BOX PLUGGED IN FOR THIS WHEN YOU ARE SETTING YOUR DOWNLOAD UP FIRST

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE SET THE LOADER TO THE CORRECT COM PORT

1 get your loader double click it another box will appear

2 click on download another box will appear

3 click on browse and find the firmware and tell it to open

4 click on download then plug in the Arnet and wait for it to download

5 you will see on the front of the box display it going aroung in a square

6 then when it is finished you will see it going faster wait till the box reboots itself before you stop anything and then you can disconnect all the cables

7 DO NOT PRESS RED RED AS THIS IS NOT TO BE USED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES AS ALL THIS DOES IS CONFUSE THE BOX

8 then do a factory reset then go to auto put your provider in leave the network alone

9 press the green button if you are on N** you will get only 2 options after it has gone thru the process you select legecy not upc ok then press ok and it will scan away for the freq you need to be patient as this will take a bit of time