1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kryptview Channels back post

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by e45, Sep 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rob2dogs

rob2dogs Regular member

Yea my sv7 freezes only on live footie, wot I've read I think the best box is the kryptview wich are around £150 I'm thinking myself of trying this one out as it's all I really watch is the games.

2. rob2dogs

rob2dogs Regular member

Yea my sv7 freezes only on live footie, wot I've read I think the best box is the kryptview wich are around £150 I'm thinking myself of trying this one out as it's all I really watch is the games.
    Edit message

3. rob2dogs

rob2dogs Regular member

but before i change to a kryptview is this correct are they better than sv7 and is it correct they do not freeze, is there anybody who as used both boxes who can help
    cheers rob

4. kojak73

kojak73 Member

hi, can anybody help me with my starview its lost all signals. watford area

5. rob2dogs

rob2dogs Regular member

Just hanglatch bud they prob come back on ye no, happend a few times to myself

6. EAMO_TOO

EAMO_TOO Regular member

They are better than SV7, but they do freeze at times especially during live matches on ESPN.
    If you have weak cable signal best to sort that out to minimize freezing

7. e45

e45 Regular member

the only time people have problems with kryptview boxes is if they are not set up correctly wrong Net Id out of date firmware 2 many splits on their cable or dont have a min sub to their providers and expect miracles

8. rob2dogs

rob2dogs Regular member

Hi can anyone tell me...im buying a krypt780 i also will need a rs232 to usb is this correct ? and is there anything else i will need.

9. e45

e45 Regular member

you will need the loader and the firmware for your box at the bottom of my signature below

after that a live cable feed and a net feed to the box that is it.

10. rob2dogs

rob2dogs Regular member

thx e45, i got loader an firmware on desktop, im waitin on usb - rs232 i seen somewere that you av to install these leads is this true, also im using windows vista is this ok
    cheers bud

11. EAMO_TOO

EAMO_TOO Regular member

Use the disc that comes with USB-rs232 lead to install on PC

12. rob2dogs

rob2dogs Regular member

oh ok cheers, i just looked on ebay were i bought it and i dnt think it comes with a disc if not is this no good, shall i purchase a diffrent 1

13. e45

e45 Regular member

you can download most drivers for usb devices if you get the name off it have a look before you buy it and see if you can locate a driver for it or put a link up here and i will see if i can source one for you ;)

14. alg123

alg123 Member

Im thinking of buying the Kryptview a780 for 3 rooms. The main one will be plugged into the router but do I need homeplugs for the other 2 or can I just plug an ethernet cable from the boxes into ADSL microfilters that are already in the rooms? Cheers

15. e45

e45 Regular member

no m8 you will either need homeplugs or direct ethernet from router to all boxes

16. jodav

jodav Regular member

oh ok cheers, i just looked on ebay were i bought it and i dnt think it comes with a disc if not is this no good, shall i purchase a diffrent 1[/quote]

Not many do come with a disc, but they are mostly generic, maybe google and try the prolific driver, i may be lucky but this driver has worked on all adapters i have come across up to now.

Be aware that if your comp has a 9pin serial port, or you can easily get access to someone's comp who does have one, then you could save your money as you will not need the adapter just the RS232 NULL cable by itself and the set up is then driver free and much easier.

17. rob2dogs

rob2dogs Regular member

Not many do come with a disc, but they are mostly generic, maybe google and try the prolific driver, i may be lucky but this driver has worked on all adapters i have come across up to now.

Be aware that if your comp has a 9pin serial port, or you can easily get access to someone's comp who does have one, then you could save your money as you will not need the adapter just the RS232 NULL cable by itself and the set up is then driver free and much easier.[/quote]

Hi m8 i bought a usb - rs232 from ebay but i noticed its the wrong one, the end to go in box is female with pins derrrr so im now looking about my friends to see if i can get hold of laptop cos i have a null cable but im not having much look with that either,3 of them are on vista the same
    can you or anyone give me a link to purchase the right cable i will need for my vista
    my laptop as port but its same as the end of the null cable ye no takes 9 pins in,i have seen a cable on ebay female one end n male the other would that type work ? help would be much appreciated thx

18. EAMO_TOO

EAMO_TOO Regular member

You have the right USB-rs232 lead. The null-modem lead plugs into rs232 end of cable & plugs
    into rs232 at back of box Both ends of your null-modem should be exactly the same

19. perthman

perthman Member

just heard starview 7 box is down in the Perth Scotland area son only had it a week and i have a kryptview in the post should i worry

20. rob2dogs

rob2dogs Regular member

i think im with it ha i connect the 2 leads together is that correct ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.