1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kryptview Channels back post

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by e45, Sep 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jodav

jodav Regular member

can you or anyone give me a link to purchase the right cable i will need for my vista
    my laptop as port but its same as the end of the null cable ye no takes 9 pins in,i have seen a cable on ebay female one end n male the other would that type work ? help would be much appreciated thx[/quote]

If you are using a laptop or computer that does not have a 9 pin serial port (dont get confused with a 15 pin FEMALE vga port).

Then you need a 9 pin female both ends Null modem cable, and a USB to Serial adapter (Usb connection one end, 9 pin male the other).

You have to join the two up then plug the USB end into the comp and the remaining 9 pin female to the box.

You can buy the USB to serial adapter from maplins, and will have to download a driver of the net for Vista or whatever OS you are using. Then follow the guide to set com port up. Many people have big problems using a USB to serial adapter.

Take my advice if you are not computer savy, and find someone with an older laptop or comp with a 9 pin male serial port on it, take your box round their house and flash it there. There is no need to buy the USB to serial adapter,no looking for compatible drivers, and no com port set up. You just use the Null cable by itself and flash the box, simple.

2. EAMO_TOO

EAMO_TOO Regular member

Now you have it Rob

3. rob2dogs

rob2dogs Regular member

haha thx m8

4. rob2dogs

rob2dogs Regular member

If you are using a laptop or computer that does not have a 9 pin serial port (dont get confused with a 15 pin FEMALE vga port).

Then you need a 9 pin female both ends Null modem cable, and a USB to Serial adapter (Usb connection one end, 9 pin male the other).

You have to join the two up then plug the USB end into the comp and the remaining 9 pin female to the box.

You can buy the USB to serial adapter from maplins, and will have to download a driver of the net for Vista or whatever OS you are using. Then follow the guide to set com port up. Many people have big problems using a USB to serial adapter.

Take my advice if you are not computer savy, and find someone with an older laptop or comp with a 9 pin male serial port on it, take your box round their house and flash it there. There is no need to buy the USB to serial adapter,no looking for compatible drivers, and no com port set up. You just use the Null cable by itself and flash the box, simple.[/quote]

cheers bud i understand.. but 3 m8s have vista laptops also 1 as windows 7 but it as to be older windows yea ? il try n find tomoz save the hassle thx m8y

5. jodav

jodav Regular member

cheers bud i understand.. but 3 m8s have vista laptops also 1 as windows 7 but it as to be older windows yea ? il try n find tomoz save the hassle thx m8y[/quote]

No problem bud. You can use XP, Vista, or Windows7 as long as you find a driver compatible with the OS you want to use and you are comfortable installing it and setting com port up.

An older laptop\comp with a serial port just eliminates all the hassle completely.

Anyway good look rob2dogs.

6. e45

e45 Regular member

also make sure your comports are set up correctly as well see below

Although technically Vista does call the system "Computer" whereas XP referrs to it as "My Computer"

START
    Right Click "COMPUTER"
    Choose "MANAGE"
    In the resulting window, click on "DEVICE MANAGER"
    In the right hand pane, click on the little plus sign beside "PORTS" in the right hand pane.
    Right click on the USB Adapter (Should be something like “USB Serial Port COM # or "Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm. Port (COM#) or “Communications Port” (COM #) )
    Choose "PROPERTIES"
    Click on "PORT SETTINGS" TAB
    Click on "ADVANCED"
    Then you will see the COM Port Number Box. You should be able to change it there using the drop down box.
    Try to set it to COM2
    also change the baud rate to 115,200 from the default setting of 9600
    Restart Windows (If necessary but normally not required)

7. hondo76

hondo76 Member

hi there,my starview 7 has lost nearly all of its channels but it still says its connected.i am using carling 1.03 and was wondering if i need to update? would be really grateful if anyone could help thx

8. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

turn the router off and the box and then reconnect, to see if this works, there is a later file if you want to use that,

9. hondo76

hondo76 Member

did what u said and had no joy but then tried it again and scanned channels on box which worked a treat.all channels workin fine now,thx for the help mickah

10. rob2dogs

rob2dogs Regular member

Yes carling 1.04 is new firmware

11. reswob

reswob Regular member

davie7,cant see you lasting long on the forum.

12. EAMO_TOO

EAMO_TOO Regular member

Even if you were right in what you said there are ways of expressing an opinion that would
    lend you some credibility. You don't got the inside track on those ways.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  13. e45

e45 Regular member

lol maybe we all know too much on here so maybe we are all tarred with the same brush who cares hopefully we can all get back to the help part as what this forum is supposed to be about.

14. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

davie7, lightning struck!!! posts edited.

15. johnt5

johnt5 Member

thanks malci, im looking at a kryptview but i dont know what router to get..any ideas mate ? cheaper the better.. regards John..

16. e45

e45 Regular member

Any router will do belkin, netgear there are plenty on flebay have a look there you are only going to be using it for the box so if you connect your modem to your router you will have 4/5 empty sockets to choose from.

also if your router is not in same room as box get yourself a set of homeplugs from amazon cheapest i have seen about 85mpbs is plenty then less wires running around the house.

suppliers for kryptview box below

skywonder.co.uk

http://www.tailor-madecircuits.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=61

17. rob2dogs

rob2dogs Regular member

Hi can someone help me out, on the 780 when you organise ur channels like delete HD an channels ye don't watch, how is it they come back the next day ?

18. jodav

jodav Regular member

Go into MENU-SYSTEM SETTINGS-OTHER SETTINGS- Then turn power search mode OFF.
    It stops the box doing automatic scans and rescanning channels in that you have deleted.

19. EAMO_TOO

EAMO_TOO Regular member

You need to turn off POWER-SEARCH MODE in SYST SETTINGS--OTHER SETTINGS. If any channs move
    you will have to do full scan to retrieve them if power search is turned off. Other option is
    not to put box in stand-by as power search only activates when box is in stand-by

20. e45

e45 Regular member

Good feature to have enabled if there is going to be freq change but if you turn it off all you have to do is enable it again and put the box in standby again and it will scan the missing channels back in 2 min job to turn on and off

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.