1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kryptview Channels back post

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by e45, Sep 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrisw148

chrisw148 Member

http://www.4shared.com/file/KeESa1tk/CARLING-102.html for the download and you do have to join, during the set up uncheck unwanted freebies! Go for free membership and when you download fee firmware you have to let the counter download before the download becomes available to click on, if you click on don't wait for 20 seconds it takes you to premium membership. On the left go instructions for starview 6 and follow that ignoring the 8989 instruction all the rest is good

2. e45

e45 Regular member

you dont have to join nothing when the screen opens you press the blue download now button on your left hand side and it will start counting down from 20 downwards just wait till it gets to the end of the countdown then you get a big DOWNLOAD FILE NOW you click on that and it will open another small box and you click on save file and ok that and that is is job done

3. printer23

printer23 Member

hi just flashing new sv7 got to screen let box reboot after scanning channels. how long do you wait for it to reboot i have been waiting about 5 mins is this normal or do i have to do something else

4. shoftuk

shoftuk Member

just press exit its now done

5. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Hi
    Well, I don't want to hype the SV7 up too much in case people rush out and buy one and overload the server or whatever and cause freezing but ATM mine is fine, no freezing and working downstairs from my router using a Vonets WiFi bridge. Don't think its so much as the server being down all the time as the ISP provider, thats just my opinion. Long may it last.
    jbvid

Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
  6. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Tune in next week for Starview server news.........lol

7. e45

e45 Regular member

If everyone is not receiving channels are you trying to say its there internet i dont think so everone is not using the same Broadband so its defo not an internet prob its a server issue

8. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Hi e45
    Ok fine whatever you say but the server ain't bothered or kicked me off at all in the last couple of days since I got it. I have had previous S/V's prior to LAN sockets. A quote from posts made Wed 6th Oct saying servers were down, were not down for me in the UK, this was the day I received my box and set it up. Come on you SV7 owners Pos or Neg ????
    jbvid

9. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

just read the SV6 or combo threads, you will see all the pro's and cons thus far, as the Sv7 is the same platform as this, expect the same up and down issues as these and the DDIGITAL.

You have yer box a few days, the Sv6 and combo users have their's months, so you should be able to see the past issues, even up to the other few days when the serv dropped again

As E45 points, everyone is not on the same ISP either, so thats a bit of a moot point.

I am basing the above on the last few months, so its not a biased opion, just one of facts, nearly week on and off, the server has given issues of some sort

The Krypt recently had its share of probs due to a upgrade of services, so thats not without its issues either, but based on the prev months usage, its well ahead in the "Uptime" stakes than the SV service, agian this is on facts, not assumption

10. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Ok
    I'll stfu and see what happens.
    jbvid

11. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

proof is in the pudding mate, just have a read back on some older posts and you will see it yerself.

12. e45

e45 Regular member

yep dont worry the box will be down again that you can be asured of without a shadow of a doubt and its feck all to do with internet connections either is a server prob just remember there are now 4 boxes competing for 1 server

13. ganders

ganders Member

There should be an adaptor with it to make a lan cable fit in.

14. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Why do people buy stuff without reading about them? Would ys buy a car without checking it out? no, would ya buy a TV without checking it out or reading some reviews of it? No, but folk just place orders on stuff and then start asking questions which they should have had the answer's to before parting with the cash, beggers belief

15. scandalu

scandalu Guest

its quite surprising....considering everyone thinking the starview server is not the best...everyones out there buying them like theres no tomorrow...4000 units have been shifted in pass 2 weeks and theres a waiting back log for the next shipment.there's quite a few people who like the menu layout of the starview boxes,whilst others only buy them cos:-
    1...their cheaper than the kryptview
    2...their more readily available from renowned stockists

if kryptview dropped their prices to match the starview and made the boxes more readily and easily available,id snap one up straight away....and correct me if im wrong,but there's no high street shops selling them from where i or anyone can buy them direct for peace of mind?

16. e45

e45 Regular member

mmm i wonder is that why kryptview cant keep up with the demand for there boxes and suppliers don't have them as they sell quicker than they can get them in

With kryptview you are getting good support good servers yep starview might be cheaper what about the support NON existing there serv** is cra* more times down than up you only have to look on here and other forums to know that what about the 12mth length of time your supposed to get out of the box the Irish users did not even get 6mts out of their boxes and no refund just ditched

so if people want to go for cheap get no support and cr** ser*** well let them off we are only hear to advise not twist there arms that decision is there's

as they say buy cheap buy twice.

17. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Hi
    Nice one scandalu, I thought I was the only person to buy or own one.
    Well, nearly a week since getting my S/V 7 and being told by e45 and MICKAH about the SV6 box with its Server problems, but I have had no server breaks at all with my SV7, unlike the Kryptview problems going on this week. Suggest e45 and MICKAH buy an SV7 and try before speculating.
    jbvid

18. scandalu

scandalu Guest

iv always bought starviews,and am quite content with them.....if my supplier sold the kryptviews id try one out,but no...they dont supply the boxes,and as for the kryptview demand being overwhelming,well being in business is all about making sure demand and supply are met...consistently.....true,the starview servers have been up and down,but iv never had a problem....i tend to buy what i know and have tried rather than what everyone else is buying...starviews have been around since 1999 and have a grand following,and not to mention,the starview 3 was one of the greatest boxes ever produced,and if it wasnt for the nag3 implimentation,no-one would have anything bad to say about them...
    another thing,setting up a server to cater for thousands of boxes will have its toll...lets see how kryptview fair when they reach that level..

19. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

dont have to buy one to speculate, ya ever hear that ya cant polish a turd? when ya been answering the same probs with the Sv6 and no doubt Sv7 in the coming while and the cable side of the combo the last 8 or 9 months and oh and ask the customers in Ireland what they think of the support which you seem to regard so highly, well you tend to seperate the flowers from the weeds, I would say 80 percent Sv issues compared to about 20 Kryptview probs, and those were in the last 2 to 3 weeks due to maintenance,

history speaks better than me,

20. e45

e45 Regular member

no lets see how starview do when theres does kryptview will be fine don't worry the support is there unlike the starview

bring out a new starview and drop support for the rest if it was not for a well known person the starview 1,2,3 would not have been around and it defo was not down to starview support as that was dropped when starview usb was brought out

changing in april 2008 killed the starviews with a new implementation of a new code change who fixed that on the starview boxes ?? NOT starview then again in November 2008 starview was dead again with another implemntation who fixed this ? NOT starview so as you can see 2008 starview 1,2,3 support was dropped after the first downtime and the new usb4 was born so where is starviews loyalty YES you guessed it to their pockets and not their customers.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.