1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kryptview Channels back post

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by e45, Sep 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vistar86

vistar86 Member

yeah was also looking at the kryptview in preference, i'm taking BB and Phone from o2, so dont really wanna be having two seperate contracts. what would happen? would i only still get FTA channels, regardless of me having KV and net connected via other company BB.

or would it be better buying a freeview box then, as i wouldnt benefit?

thanks

2. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

your cable signal has to be in proper order for any box, so if cut yer TV, dont expect good quality cable signals without any sub or if its cut of totally, yer knackered, you dont have to take out a digital pack or box from them, just yer bare chans basic min service, no phone, no digital box, secondly the box is useless with it not being connected to a router and internet, freeview is Freeview, what ya get on it wont be near whats on a Krypt or similar

3. vistar86

vistar86 Member

ok so if i took the 12.50 basic tv package, then it will work when i connect it to the o2 BB, and the basic tv line?

4. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

yip, that way if yer signal ever goes shite, you can ring em to fix it and not worry if yer disconnected

5. vistar86

vistar86 Member

should i not try with no sub first beofre ask them to reconnect, as i kinda left on bad terms, as spoke to chief executive about the cr*p services i have been paying £80+ for for years, so they ended contract next month with no early disconnection fee and a credit (1 free month) to my account.

I'd probably have to beg them to take me back lol..

6. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

you can try, but if they disconnect you, you will pay a re-connection fee wont you? its up to you what ya wanna do there, but if you have told em you want away from their service they prob will cut ya off mate, then your snookered altogether

7. vistar86

vistar86 Member

ok ill probably just ask a VM CS agent to give me basic tv alone, hopefully he'd be able to do it, i dont need BB from them though do i? if i have o2 BB, last Q mate sorry :p

Ive got used to FFW/RW/Play/REC on V+ box, does kryptview have this feature? or any other parts i need to buy for this same feature?

Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
  8. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

no your o2 bband will work, once you have a router to plug the box into, no, there is no features like that on the Krypt

9. scandalu

scandalu Guest

o2 bb isnt the best....if you order a 10meg o2 bb package,your most likely getting around half of that....add to that the usage of your computer at the same time,you might experience glitching or freezing from experience with one of their dongles...if i were you,id stick to a vermin bb or bt bb...reliability and good speed....gd luck regardless..

10. scandalu

scandalu Guest

vermin 10 meeg broadband and phone line just 12 quid for 6 months and then 24 for the rest of the year.free wireless dongles and a netgear n rated modem/router hub in the package free..

11. vistar86

vistar86 Member

yeah forgot to say i need to be able to call landlines in uk and ireland for free anytime.

this is VM 10MB BB & M Phone:

heres the package i would have to have:
    (10M BB & XL Phone)
    finally heres o2's package
    (20MB BB & Unlimited UK and Ireland calls)

12. e45

e45 Regular member

well the top one would be my choice as your 02 dongle is just not as reliable as a direct feed so if you want to watch tv with unintrupted service you best off with a hard wired service as to a wifi one

13. vistar86

vistar86 Member

dongle who mentioned dongle? its via telephone line with wireless 'N' router also, and i really do need unlimited landline calls to UK & IE, so o2's package is way more cheaper than VM's in comparison.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
  14. hendo1972

hendo1972 Member

Hi Guys,

Posted a few questions on the forum always ansered swift and great info cheers. now for a new one. My SV 7 has ceased working. On boot up I get the C113 - boot -ucr on the display of the box and then nothing no output to the TV via scart. Then I get ---- on the display of the box.

Is it possible to re-flash the box.?? If so then I guess I will need a .bin file but can't seem to find the correct one. Is this the solution.???

Help help help....

Cheers.

15. nogadoo

nogadoo Member

I would jus like to thank all on this forum for the support over the years, in particular, mickah, e45, scouser and celtic. I've never really been one for posting but an avid reader and learnt a lot. I have been looking at what box to go for next and found this thread a good read. However I'm gutted as i'm moving at weekend and my new area does not recieve v m, so looks like i'm going to have look at other options. thanks again

16. lankey

lankey Member

hi there have you fixed the problem yet

17. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

why you posting this from another thread?

18. lankey

lankey Member

because some one had the same problem as i had with my sv7 no pic thought the scart lead you have to press the av/tv button on the sv7 remote

19. Tomstaff

Tomstaff Member

My starview 7 keeps freezing can any one help pls

20. hendo1972

hendo1972 Member

not yet mate sent it back to the supplier still awaiting the outcome,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.