1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kryptview EPG

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Mick1961, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Bobbyhop

Bobbyhop Member

the_gitz asked you to explain the setup for ireland and you replied sayin check your pvt messages! im also havin problems wit the setup in dublin. Could you explain to me also please??

thanks
    Bob

2. the_gitz

the_gitz Member

OK folks - got my Kryptv*ew yesterday and was all excited about my new purchase. Yes indeed it does appear to be a good box and yes it did do exactly what it says on the tin - however being a complete newbie the installation wasn't the walk in the park I thought it would but thanks to some fine folks on this site I got it up and running. In Dublin - It's not simply plug and play - frequencies have to be added / changed to find a 7th TP that's not listed out of the box - that one took a while to figure out - the instructions manual is a bit of a waste of trees amd the EPG doesn't work at all - I know it being worked on so I'm not that worried but there's my 50cent of info - overall delighted with the unit although I only have it 2 days!!! but as it becomes more popular I'm sure the support will grow...

3. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Firstly, bobby I sent him a pvt message as I was in work at the time, below is the instructions, they werent wrote by me and I take no credit for them, They were wrote by a sound poster on another site

Secondly, there is a new piece of software for the EPG for Irish user's.

This is the set-up for Dublin area on true cable.

1. GOTO TO INSTALL

2. GOTO AUTO SCAN

3. PRESS YELLOW FOR TP SEARCH ON NETWORK IT WILL BRING YOU TO THE MANUAL SETUP SCREEN

4. ENTER 291,000 HERE AND OK THEN EXIT BACK TO INSTALL
    IT WILL FIND 7 TP'S NOW INSTEAD OF 6 THIS WILL BE DONE WHEN IN THE MANUAL SCREEN

5. NOW PRESS EXIT WHEN FINISHED AND THEN START AGAIN.

6. THIS TIME GOTO AUTO AND PRESS GREEN BUTTON SEARCH AND IT WILL TAKE ABOUT 30 SECS AND NOW SHOW A NEW TP IN THE LIST[00]4275300
    THIS FREQ IN HIGH LIGHTED IN ORANGE,

7. NOW PRESS OK AND IT WILL BEGIN TO LOAD TP'S

WHEN THIS IS DONE IT WILL THEN LOAD THE CHANNELS AND THATS IT DONE.

4. foxyboy

foxyboy Regular member

hi Mickah, should that installation work for true cable in all ireland.

5. the_gitz

the_gitz Member

Hi MICKAH,

Thanks again for your help - got the unit up and running after a bit of playing around all chann*ls 100%.
    Can you tell me a bit more about the software update for the EPG - where can I get it cos at the moment there's no EPG for the Kryptv*ew (in Dublin at least...) but I did hear a new software update would resolve this
    thanks again dude...

6. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

I have loaded the epg fix and it seems to work a treat, the now and next in the infobar works and you can reseve a program, havent tried to reserve a program, EPG is more or less like now and next, but you can follow the instruction on the bottom of the screen for example, press 0 and it will give you the EPG for that channel for the day, its takes time to load, so be patient. Like any box, its reliant on your CC signal and quality

I cant post the software as its not mine to post, perhaps scouser and the guys can when they are on can as they are mods here.

Foxyboy,
    what you need to do with the below is, if your outside Dublin, you need to use the lowest Tp / freq number, in Dublin its 291.00, so you need to find what it is for your area, then just add it in as per the instructions and it should do the same

7. the_gitz

the_gitz Member

OK - Thanks MICKAH, will ask sc0user...

the Kryptview is a good box though - what do you think of it?

8. the_gitz

the_gitz Member

Hey sc0user - you out there anywhere - is there a new update - I'm using the beta update you posted a link to a few days ago but still no EPG in Dublin on N*Hell...

9. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

I have asked Mick to send it to you. I will have to ask Eamo to set up a folder for it in the FTA Library and then I will put all the Kryptview firmware in it for future downloads.

10. the_gitz

the_gitz Member

Cheers sc0user

11. dany121

dany121 Member

12. Bobbyhop

Bobbyhop Member

Hows it goin scouser! im in the exact same position as the_gitz.! any chance you'd be able to send me on the fix to get the EPG up and runnin! im also in dublin! it'd be very much apreciated! cheers

13. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

The fix, its still under review, so when its completed I am sure it will be released offically. When it does I am sure it will be posted....

14. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

It will as Mick has said be here when it has been sorted, just a little longer to wait.

15. the_gitz

the_gitz Member

OK guys - thanks - I thought it was available already - no worries - looking forward to the release.. Thanks again

16. Bobbyhop

Bobbyhop Member

Cheers lads! i appreciate the reply!! keep me informed!

regards
    Bobby

17. dog1973

dog1973 Member

Hi all

Need help with my kryptview. Have installed software but don't know how to get channels. I'm in Dublin using NTL. I know the previous page has a guide and I tried to follow it but with no success. Not sure where to enter the 291.000. Is it in the Freq, which I have tried. Lads I think I need the idiots guide. Have a replay lite and got it set up no probs. Anyone hear of any EPG fixes on the Kryptview or Replay Lite. Thanks in advance

18. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Sent you some info.

19. dog1973

dog1973 Member

Got it, many thanks. You are the man

20. SAFDUB

SAFDUB Member